After a moment, I realized he wanted me to app for the chase Freedom, so I did and...
7-10 message. So much for my Jedi powers. Probably another denial by Chase who obviously hates my guts. They probably have me blacklisted because years ago I called one of their rude customer service people a bad word (which rhymes with what a football team does on fourth down... and I don't mean "kick a field goal") I call their backdoor number and the lady tells me I need to call their verification dept which isn't open on weekends.
Screw them I say. I'm applying for the Sallie Mae card by Barclay. Got an instant approval there for $3000.
Back to the Freedom card, now... I call their number tonite and to my surprise- approved for $2200!
Even though the Freedom was the card I've been lusting over for months, I'm actually more excited about the Sallie Mae card since I spend about $250 each in gas and groceries a month. This all changes how I look at my cards, though and the dynamics of who gets the swipes:
- The two secured cards- I've been thinking of getting rid of the Wells Fargo secured card, but if I use it three times a month(for small purchases) I don't get charged a checking account fee. I do most of my banking with Schwab, but keep the WF checking account because it's good to have a local bank. Maybe after I get the $100 spend bonus with Chase, I'll apply for an unsecured WF card, get their 5% 6 month bonus and ditch the secured card. As for the BoA cash card, it's less than the Sallie Mae cash back, but I'll wait until it graduates to see what kind of CLI I get.
- Barclaycard Rewards- once I get the 6 month CLI, I move it over to the Sallie Mae card and close this puppy.
- Discover It- If the categories are right, I'll use this.
- WalMart Discover- It's a GE card, so I can count on CLI's if I use it every so often.
- PayPal Extras- Ditto WalMart Discover. Plus, if Freedom or Discover aren'tdoing restaurants that quarter, I'll use at restaurants.
- BCE- Oh, I'll stay in the family.. just don't expect me home for dinner,Mom... tonight or any night! I don't care what the old dude with the gigantic nose used to say on Amex commercials... I am leaving home without it- it's going in the sock drawer.
- The Duck Card- I have a soft spot in my heart for the Duck Card because they gave me my first (and currently only five digit CL), so I'll use it for reoccurring charges like my cell bill, insurance, etc).
Anyone else have any suggestions? Any other cards I need? Otherwise I stay in the garden... until I find another card I like!