*Disclaimer: This is a summary only. These benefits are subject to change without notice. Consult card issuer for rules and restrictions.
Since this level of Visa card is typically marketed to higher-income households – not surprisingly – most of the perks are related to travel. Here’s a brief summary of the Visa Signature benefits that can come in handy during your trip:
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver – This coverage is secondary to any other forms of insurance you have. So if your personal car insurance follows while renting, then this benefit won’t kick in. However if you don’t have car insurance and paid for a qualifying rental in full using your Visa Signature credit card, then you will be provided coverage for eligible collisions and vehicle theft with qualified rentals paid for using your car.
- Travel Accident Insurance – For Common Carrier fare (such as airline, train, and bus tickets) that qualifies and is charged to your Visa Signature credit card, coverage is provided in the event of accidental death or dismemberment. As of 2013, the Visa website says that Signature cardmembers "receive a minimum of $250,000 in coverage" for eligible travel.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement – During travel with qualifying Common Carrier tickets charged to your Visa Signature, you will be provided supplemental coverage for your checked bags and carry-ons; up to $3,000 per trip.
- Roadside Dispatch – Have a flat tire? Locked yourself out? Need a jump start or a tow? You can call the customer service number on the back of your Visa Signature card (or call 1-800-VISA-TOW directly) and this benefit will arrange for a service call that typically costs only $59.95 (might be cheaper than if you arranged it on your own, plus saves you the hassle of trying to negotiate a better price).
- Travel and Emergency Assistance – This is one of those Visa Signature card benefits that’s hard to sum up in a sentence or two because it encompasses so many things. In a nutshell, this 24/7 dedicated department can help you when you need it most for things like emergency message service, medical/legal referral assistance, emergency translation service, prescription and document delivery arrangements, and more.
This Visa Siganture benefit is free, but please note you will have to pay for any goods/services resulting from it (i.e. healthcare costs, passport replacement fees, etc.)
- Warranty Manager Service: This is one of the most popular Visa Signature benefits because it offers up to one full additional year of coverage, on eligible purchases that have a manufacturer’s warranty of 3 years or less.
- Purchase Security: You’re protected against theft and damage due to vandalism, fire and accidentally discharged water for the first 90 days from date eligible purchase, on all eligible items you buy.
- Emergency Card & Cash Replacement: If your card is lost or stolen and you need the replacement expedited, this benefit will come in handy. When traveling outside the U.S. you can also arrange for emergency cash within one business day, but usually within just a few hours of your phone call.
With your Visa Signature Card, you will get exclusive access and pricing at participating events, including sports, concerts, movies, and dining. Pre-sale tickets, VIP packages and preferred seating are benefits frequently offered.
There are featured Visa Signature events available throughout the year and whether you are an Olympics fan, a Broadway patron, or a culinary connoisseur, you are bound to find events right up your alley.
The Visa Signature concierge service can help you for free with planning a trip, making restaurant reservations, picking out gifts, and much more.
Upgrades, discounts and special offers exclusively for Visa Signature cardmembers is yet another reason to have one. For example, during winter 2011 there was a promotion where cardmembers were given a 15% discount on airfare from Southwest Airlines – obviously a valuable benefit considering the high price of airfare these days.
There are so many Visa Signature benefits, it's hard to think of a reason not to get one!
The Top Rated Visa Signature Card of 2016