After owning this card for over a year now i've determined this card is useless and here is why...
this credit card is entirely useless other than the fact that i just paid 375 renewal this year for a card that gives me nothing besides lounge access. They offered me the card free last year because i was Premier Platinum going onto 1k status, but no such free offer this year
i forgot to cancel this year, but i will be canceling this card next year. also purchase protection is a SHAM...it is nothing like my American Express Platinum. I had to deal with the same fraud prevention/purchase protection as any standard Chase credit card. With my Amex Platinum they asked me ZERO questions and just said, "your charges have been refunded back to your account".
this card is useless.
any points accrued through spending can count towards elite upgrade status on your United Plus, until you are shooting towards 1K. Any Flexible Premier Miles accrued through spending on this card do not count towards your 1K status mark.
In Short You Get:
- United Airport Lounge Access
- Subpar Purchase Protection vs American Express Platinum
- A Plastic Coated Stainless Steel MasterCard
- No Foreign Transaction Fee's
- Useless Points Accrual (Unless you can transfer to your united account then use the points in purchase of tangible goods)
- A $375 annual fee