How to choose Visa or Mastercard on the Sapphire?

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
49 posts
agp
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: US&A

Postby agp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 am

See post number 28 :)

Main Card: Amex Platinum
For gas: Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards
For travel & dining: Chase Sapphire Preferred


x29
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:36 pm
Location: US

UPDATE: success!

Postby x29 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Finally got my CSP World MC today, after a slight hiccup. After the call to CMS, they sent me a standard Sapphire World MC. The activation call took a while, as the rep had to research the problem, and apparently couldn't find any info on a CSP MC (even though it's right on MC's page). He said he'd put in a request to the Marketing department, to see if this could be specially issued, and a few days later, I got a letter from Delaware saying that my card would be issued in 7-10 days. One day later, the card arrived from Ohio.

So, yeah, like I said before, all you have to do is call and request a change.

Nick21
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 am
Location: World

Postby Nick21 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:05 am

hematino wrote:I have the World Elite Mastercard version of the Sapphire Preferred, and that's how I got mine.


There is no such product. CSP is a World MasterCard. Your picture shows the back and it also just says World. In order to be a World Elite, it must say World Elite. The silver MC logo means nothing, while it is cool but CSP doesn't come in World Elite. Just wanted to clarify :D

Regnohspf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:57 pm
Location: Orlando

Postby Regnohspf » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 pm

Nick21 wrote:There is no such product. CSP is a World MasterCard. Your picture shows the back and it also just says World. In order to be a World Elite, it must say World Elite. The silver MC logo means nothing, while it is cool but CSP doesn't come in World Elite. Just wanted to clarify :D


well thats a wakeup call lol. i told someone on this forum that it was. thought the silver logo was only for the world elite since on the mastercard website it shows a colored world master card credit card and when you click on world elite its a silver logo haha
Wells Fargo Student Credit Card Visa - $1300 (February 2011)
American Express Zync Charge Card (February 2012)
Chase Freedom Visa- $2000 5% rotating (April 2012)
Citi Forward Visa- $3000 - 5x at restaurants, amazon.com (April 2012)
Chase Sapphire Preferred Mastercard World Elite - $5000 (July 2012)

Credit cards left to attain
-Amex BCE/BCP

Nick21
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 am
Location: World

Postby Nick21 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Regnohspf wrote:well thats a wakeup call lol. i told someone on this forum that it was. thought the silver logo was only for the world elite since on the mastercard website it shows a colored world master card credit card and when you click on world elite its a silver logo haha


Yeah I just replied to you on another thread, since I'm new every post must be approved :/ Right on the front page of the World Elite sites say:

If your MasterCard card says
WORLD ELITE you can say:
“A World of Possibilities Awaits”

I have the CSP WMC and verified it is World.

hematino
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: Atlantic City, NJ

Postby hematino » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Nick21 wrote:There is no such product. CSP is a World MasterCard. Your picture shows the back and it also just says World. In order to be a World Elite, it must say World Elite. The silver MC logo means nothing, while it is cool but CSP doesn't come in World Elite. Just wanted to clarify :D


LOL maybe you are right. Swear I was told it was a World Elite but maybe it was bad info from a CSR or something that I went with cause of the World Elite Mastercard silver logo, as Regnohspf said. Definitely doesn't say "elite" on it though. Oh well, thanks for clarifying that. Still has really similar benefits to the Visa Signature version though and I prefer the MC version's look.
Now she's eyeless.
The snakes she held once
Eat up her hands.

Nick21
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 am
Location: World

Postby Nick21 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:23 pm

hematino wrote:LOL maybe you are right. Swear I was told it was a World Elite but maybe it was bad info from a CSR or something that I went with cause of the World Elite Mastercard silver logo, as Regnohspf said. Definitely doesn't say "elite" on it though. Oh well, thanks for clarifying that. Still has really similar benefits to the Visa Signature version though and I prefer the MC version's look.


Yeah per MasterCard, it must say World Elite to be World Elite. Tbh I don't know why anyone would assume to have World Elite unless the card said so. It created a lot of confusion on another forum that I had to post here because no one was getting the CSP World Elite lol

User avatar
djrez4
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm
Location: United States

Postby djrez4 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Thread revival...

Got approved for the MC CSP today. I was looking through a MC World Card benefits brochure online and I didn't see anything about a concierge. Did I miss it? If it isn't part of the card, I'm calling back tomorrow and asking for a Visa Sig.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]
[/RIGHT]

Nick21
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:02 am
Location: World

Postby Nick21 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 pm

djrez4 wrote:Thread revival...

Got approved for the MC CSP today. I was looking through a MC World Card benefits brochure online and I didn't see anything about a concierge. Did I miss it? If it isn't part of the card, I'm calling back tomorrow and asking for a Visa Sig.


I think the Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard does have concierge, I would call them tonight to find out. 24/7.

User avatar
djrez4
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm
Location: United States

Postby djrez4 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:41 pm

I spent about an hour on the phone with various Chase customer service agents. Final outcome - I decided to switch over to the Visa Sig. No one could really give me a straight answer, but from what I read on the internet, the Signature benefits are unique and the World Mastercard doesn't quite keep up. The rep seemed to confirm that when she told me that the automatically generated system notes mention ed a mandatory review because the benefits on the Visa were better.

I'm going to call Executive Customer Service tomorrow to get this all straightened out.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]

[/RIGHT]



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests