I pulled out my FICO scores yesterday:
Should I take a shot for the Freedom? Worst case scenario if rejected I get the Zync? Or just the Zync for now?
My credit use is 50%, I could pay everything off by next month with a bonus I am getting. Should I wait until I pay everything off so my score would be better? How long would it take reflect the low balances on my scores?
Chase will likely pull Experian. What is your Experian?
I would wait until you pay your balances and make sure that they update on the bureaus before you apply! Amex usually pulls Experian as well. You have a better shot at Zync than with Chase at this point. Even if approved for Chase, I am thinking a limit of $500-$1,000. You might as well wait until you are near the 700s so you can get a decent credit line.