Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
14 posts
cliffs
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: PR

Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby cliffs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Here are a few question that I have regarding the Chase (VISA) Return Protection benefit.

1. Did the let you keep the item?

2. If not, did the provided prepaid return shipping label to their facilities?

3. If not, did they reimbursed you the shipping cost incurred in sending the item to their facilities?

4. Can the benefit be used to reimbursed restocking fees?

5. Was the experience in dealing with them difficult?


Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby Tubpbs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:14 am

cliffs wrote:Here are a few question that I have regarding the Chase (VISA) Return Protection benefit.

1. Did the let you keep the item?

2. If not, did the provided prepaid return shipping label to their facilities?

3. If not, did they reimbursed you the shipping cost incurred in sending the item to their facilities?

4. Can the benefit be used to reimbursed restocking fees?

5. Was the experience in dealing with them difficult?


What is this for?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

cliffs
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: PR

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby cliffs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:42 am

A garage door remote

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby Tubpbs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:44 pm

cliffs wrote:A garage door remote


Just curious - how much did that cost? And what's wrong with it? And why won't the place you bought it from take it back? And, from your questions, do you want to keep it or it's just a matter of having to go ship it back?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

cliffs
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: PR

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby cliffs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:06 pm

Tubpbs wrote:
cliffs wrote:A garage door remote


Just curious - how much did that cost? And what's wrong with it? And why won't the place you bought it from take it back? And, from your questions, do you want to keep it or it's just a matter of having to go ship it back?


It was like $20. My garage door learn function failed and I can no longer program the remote. Return is not possible, seller does not accept returns. By the way, if it crossed your mind, I'm not trying to defraud Chase nor VISA. It just that I have never ever utilized this benefit on my credit cards.

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby Tubpbs » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:23 pm

I didn't think you were. I was curious. The last post I read about this was about someone trying to return a pair of shoes that they wore for a few days and then decided they didn't like. I thought it was totally insane. This is quite different...
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

TXviking
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby TXviking » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:23 am

cliffs wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:
cliffs wrote:A garage door remote


Just curious - how much did that cost? And what's wrong with it? And why won't the place you bought it from take it back? And, from your questions, do you want to keep it or it's just a matter of having to go ship it back?


It was like $20. My garage door learn function failed and I can no longer program the remote. Return is not possible, seller does not accept returns. By the way, if it crossed your mind, I'm not trying to defraud Chase nor VISA. It just that I have never ever utilized this benefit on my credit cards.


That's an odd failure mode. Perhaps off-topic, but I'm curious who made your garage door opener?

I had my own fun garage door opener failure about a month ago. One of my doors decided to just open itself and then burn itself out in the open position. Meanwhile, the Liftmaster app pretended everything was a-ok.

The bad opener was covered under warranty, but the fact that the insides of my garage was accessible to anyone for hours (I was not home when this happened) did not instill confidence.

cliffs
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: PR

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby cliffs » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 pm

Is a LiftMaster 8850. I was installed a few years ago so it out of warranty. They curious thing that I cannot program new remotes nor erase remotes via the learn button (yellow one in my case) like you would normally do. And to make matters worse, that yellow programming button does not works but the other 3 buttons (door travel adjustment) do work correctly. I even dissembled the motor and logic board to see if the button was not making contact with the board but no, it makes perfect contact. Is like the system does not want me to enter the programming mode.

The remotes are indeed compatible (891LM) and can confirm via other means that they are not the problem.

Do to this, I was trying to ask here for experiences with the return benefit because I would not want to get stuck with the remote.

TXviking
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby TXviking » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:12 pm

cliffs wrote:Is a LiftMaster 8850. I was installed a few years ago so it out of warranty. They curious thing that I cannot program new remotes nor erase remotes via the learn button (yellow one in my case) like you would normally do. And to make matters worse, that yellow programming button does not works but the other 3 buttons (door travel adjustment) do work correctly. I even dissembled the motor and logic board to see if the button was not making contact with the board but no, it makes perfect contact. Is like the system does not want me to enter the programming mode.

The remotes are indeed compatible (891LM) and can confirm via other means that they are not the problem.

Do to this, I was trying to ask here for experiences with the return benefit because I would not want to get stuck with the remote.


I seem to remember that this will happen when an opener is programmed for the maximum number of remotes it can support. I have a bunch of remotes and we had to wipe my openers and remotes and start over due to an issue like that. I just don't remember if it flashed an error message when you tried to program it or nothing at all.

cliffs
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: PR

Re: Chase (VISA) Return Protection questions

Postby cliffs » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:24 am

I seem to remember that this will happen when an opener is programmed for the maximum number of remotes it can support. I have a bunch of remotes and we had to wipe my openers and remotes and start over due to an issue like that. I just don't remember if it flashed an error message when you tried to program it or nothing at all.


I think that could be. There was a keyless entry pad, a device to close the garage from another room and 2 remotes for a total of 4 devices. The keyless entry pad fell to the floor and broke off making it unusable, the other device also broke but neither devices were removed from the programming of the motor.

At the moment and following the manual on that particular motor, I cannot erase all the devices, the system will not display any error nor light indication. It simply does not allow me to erase nothing.

What did you in the end?



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests