Tubpbs wrote: 17thWhitePrince wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:What's wrong with the Citi DC?
I've actually heard lots of horror stories from people 'bout Citi's customer service and that's what drove me from Citi and towards Chase for a flat-rate c/c
Chase only has one MasterCard and it's the IHG card.
I've had Citi for 7+ years and haven't had much issues if any with anything.
What kind of horror stories? If you're just buying regular things on your card and paying your bill like most people, there's usually not much reason to interact with customer service at all. I've only called them a handful of times the entire time I've had accounts with them and most of those calls were questions I had about the Prestige and or the shipping time for the card after I applied.
What is the frequency and nature of your calls to customer service on your current card accounts?
My Citi complaints (all since Jan 2016):
1. Clueless CSRs in general.
2. Disorganized shipping department. Somehow they thought my AAPlat card had been returned to them as undeliverable mail, when in fact it was still in the mail and hadn't reached me yet. I eventually got two AA cards which confused them further and I had to deactivate one.
3. IT problems. When I added a checking account to my CCs, a phone CSR messed up my online access and I had to go into a branch to fix it. And even in branch, it was not a quick fix. A branch employee was fiddling with the computer system for quite a while before figuring it out.
4. They also deleted my CC autopay settings when I got the checking account.
5. I'm not sure if this is the fault of Citi or Virginia Surety, but I've had to resend some Price Rewind documentation after they managed to lose the first digital copy. (How?)
6. After I applied for a checking account, I had to send in two separate rounds of extra documentation (which they could have asked for when I applied for the account in the first place).
*6b. They wouldn't accept an emailed copy of the documents, I don't usually have easy access to a fax machine, and the local branch has limited hours.
7. Some Price Rewind claims take months longer than they should. It was much more efficient until a few months ago. They don't always ask for documentation now, but when they do, they sit on it for a lot longer (or lose it).
8. Once a 10-15 minute wait time when I called the benefits department. No special treatment for Prestige customers there, I guess.
*9. Changing a CC due date is either impossible or involves bizarre restrictions.
I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now.
It's small stuff...but it's a LOT of separate things. Still, I've gotten decent value from bonuses/perks/credits.