Citi Costco - Day One

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
19 posts
augiedog
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:46 am
Location: Broward County FL

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby augiedog » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:23 am

TXviking wrote:Speaking of the Citibank portal, registration is a bit annoying. They want a complicated password, but when you set it up, they don't allow copy/paste, nor did the OnePass plugin seem able to access the field. So I had to type my new password in manually, and twice for verification. This is more error-prone than using a password manager, but some companies insist. Fortunately, password managers and copy/paste do work when logging in with the new credentials later on, so this is a one-time annoyance.


Try manually editing the username in OnePass to the correct one. Also try clicking on the username field or pressing tab on the front page before pressing sign on. It will show the correct username, and seems to work better than just hitting sign on.

You can also turn on quick view on your phone, which will show your recent transactions and balance so you don't need to sign in to see your balance or if you have a payment due.
American Express: Blue Cash Everyday (10k), Everyday, ; Discover It (7.3k) ; Target (2.1k)

Citi: Diamond (2k) ; Bank of America: Cash Rewards (2.6k) ; Capital One: Quicksilver (3k) , Sony ; Chase: Freedom (3.7k), Slate (3k), (Amazon) ; Barclay Ring ; Synchrony: Walmart MC, Amazon, Ebates


TXviking
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:46 pm
Location: Palm Beach, Florida

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby TXviking » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:29 pm

augiedog wrote:
TXviking wrote:Speaking of the Citibank portal, registration is a bit annoying. They want a complicated password, but when you set it up, they don't allow copy/paste, nor did the OnePass plugin seem able to access the field. So I had to type my new password in manually, and twice for verification. This is more error-prone than using a password manager, but some companies insist. Fortunately, password managers and copy/paste do work when logging in with the new credentials later on, so this is a one-time annoyance.


Try manually editing the username in OnePass to the correct one. Also try clicking on the username field or pressing tab on the front page before pressing sign on. It will show the correct username, and seems to work better than just hitting sign on.

You can also turn on quick view on your phone, which will show your recent transactions and balance so you don't need to sign in to see your balance or if you have a payment due.


This is not a problem during sign-on, just during initial registration.

pecck1
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby pecck1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:35 pm

After doing a little research and clicking on "Apply" I will be receiving my new Chase Sapphire Preferred card on Tuesday and discontinue using my Citibank Costco card. The move makes sense for me on account I travel 3 times a month and rent a car, the rental insurance is a big bonus and more simply put a piece of mind. The one edge the Citibank Costco card has is on points for gas, but I have a company car that comes with its own fuel card...so that doesn't do anything for me. ;-)

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 am

I've already used up a big chunk of Q2 Freedom's cap with some Costco steaks and wine.

* It is a bit strange to not have an Amex in the top layer of my wallet.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby Tubpbs » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:50 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I've already used up a big chunk of Q2 Freedom's cap with some Costco steaks and wine.

* It is a bit strange to not have an Amex in the top layer of my wallet.



How many layers do you have?

Do you have a Castanza wallet?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Tubpbs wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I've already used up a big chunk of Q2 Freedom's cap with some Costco steaks and wine.

* It is a bit strange to not have an Amex in the top layer of my wallet.



How many layers do you have?

Do you have a Castanza wallet?

It's about 1.25 to 1.5 inches thick, but in pretty good condition. Some Seinfeld fan relatives used to make Costanza jokes. Depending on the section, 3 to 6 cards. Top layer is:

Driver ID, Prestige, Freedom, Sallie, Discover, and gym ID.

I'm trying to keep it in good shape. It's a discontinued Coach wallet and I like the design.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby Tubpbs » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:08 am

I have the opposite wallet situation. It only has 6 card slots (I put drivers license and insurance in one since they're both thin), no inside pockets, no nothing except one cash pocket. Very smal and thin.

I could not handle a huge wallet.

Do you have any receipts in there?

Any hard candies?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3746
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Tubpbs wrote:I have the opposite wallet situation. It only has 6 card slots (I put drivers license and insurance in one since they're both thin), no inside pockets, no nothing except one cash pocket. Very smal and thin.

I could not handle a huge wallet.

Do you have any receipts in there?

Any hard candies?

I do temporarily (for a day or two) store receipts there for purchases that might involve a claim for Price Rewind and/or an extended warranty. No hard candies.

I see Coach has switched from using an Amex Green in their model photos to an Amex Gold.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Citi Costco - Day One

Postby Tubpbs » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:I have the opposite wallet situation. It only has 6 card slots (I put drivers license and insurance in one since they're both thin), no inside pockets, no nothing except one cash pocket. Very smal and thin.

I could not handle a huge wallet.

Do you have any receipts in there?

Any hard candies?

I do temporarily (for a day or two) store receipts there for purchases that might involve a claim for Price Rewind and/or an extended warranty. No hard candies.

I see Coach has switched from using an Amex Green in their model photos to an Amex Gold.


Business cards?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests