- Centurion Member
- Posts: 4046
- Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
- Location: United States
From my personal experience and forum-reading...
1. Chase will give auto-CLIs, but they usually take time - as in a year or two.
2. Chase likes to see a long, clean history and a comparably high CL on at least one card from another lender.
3. Chase likes to keep their total CLs with a customer across all cards below around 1/3 of a person's annual income. So someone who makes $60k may encounter a "wall" around $20k.
4. Whether you use a card heavily doesn't seem to matter as much.
So my advice is kind of the opposite of Nixon's in this case.
For auto-CLIs, I'd be favoring Discover for regular use.
Very useful: SchwabPlat, CSP, IHG, Costco (was AA Plat), Freedom, SPG
Somewhat useful: Discover, ED (was EDP), BCE, Hyatt, Arrival
May close or PC: Prestige, BrooksBros
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold, First Tech