Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
16 posts
Whatamuji
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 10:08 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby Whatamuji » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:47 am

So I came across this weird blue card at work, that looked like a CSP but didn't have the weight of a CSP nor thickness. I looked at the front of it and lo and behold it was a CS. And I instantly felt bad for the person lol.
Kohls: $300, Discover IT: $1.8k, Capital One Quicksilver: $2k, Amazon Store Card: $2.2k, BoA Cash Rewards: 1k, Chase Freedom: 3.2k, AMEX HHonors 3k


User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby lobbythis » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:15 am

kdm31091 wrote:
jrmsu wrote:
Vermonster wrote:It isn't worth it. If you think you want the card but can't justify the $95 then the last card you need is a CS. A freedom with one 5% restaurant quarter is going to do just as well as a CS, as long as you don't go over $1,500 in that quarter.


I was just curious if it was still available. I don't want the CS or the CSP. I do not spend enough to get much benefit from the CSP. Only reason I would consider applying for it is because it is pretty!


The CSP is a nice looking card; I think too many people have it because of popularity vs actually being able to justify it. But it's their money to waste.



You're not on MF, kdm. Calm down.

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby kdm31091 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:41 am

lobbythis wrote:
You're not on MF, kdm. Calm down.


Oh, I wasn't saying it applies to anyone here :)

aj023
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby aj023 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:02 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
Vermonster wrote:It isn't worth it. If you think you want the card but can't justify the $95 then the last card you need is a CS. A freedom with one 5% restaurant quarter is going to do just as well as a CS, as long as you don't go over $1,500 in that quarter.


Exactly. The regular CS is very weak. I'm assuming that's why it's no longer available. Realistically, who would really want it?


I disagree. I have the free Chase Sapphire and I use it along with my Barclays Arrival. The reason the card was discontinued was to make higher profit margins on the Sapphire Preferred product. It is an excellent card for domestic usage with lots of benefits and superior customer service and the rewards rate is fine for restaurants. With Freedom it requires too much work to gain one quarter of rewards. I had a Freedom and Sapphire and Chase cancelled out my Freedom for non usage. I don't recall ever applying for Freedom as it must have been converted to it from another card.

The Sapphire is a much better card. As a Sapphire member, you get instant service when you call in and other perks. Apparently I am grandfathered in. The only change they made was from World Mastercard to Visa Signature and cut down on benefits a little. But it is the best domestic use fee free card for Visa/MC that I could find along with superior customer service and perks. I am happy with my Sapphire and I save on the annual fee that others are paying for their own cards.

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby Tubpbs » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:20 pm

I actually originally applied for the Chase Sapphire with no annual fee. I agree that the customer service is very good. It is the same as the CSP. I was definitely struck by that immediately. Other than that, I agree the restaurant earn rate is good. 2X and 3X first Friday of the month. Other than those two things, there isn't much to the card, but I do agree that it is a decent enough card. Depending on your spending habits, it also could be a substantially better earning card for you this the Chase Freedom. I also do agree that the rotating category business isn't really my favorite game to play.

Ultimately, I applied for the CSP and after approval PCed the Sapphire to the Freedom.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Chase Sapphire No Annual Fee

Postby Nixon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:23 pm

3x FFTM is going away.

I am on the fence about mine. I may cancel my Marriott instead since I already used my annual certificate. I can reapply next January for a new bonus.
Image



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests