It's holiday time again...

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
10 posts
dragon452
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:30 pm
Location: South Florida

It's holiday time again...

Postby dragon452 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:56 pm

It must be, as I just received my Capital One special rate checks (I get them twice a year), at 2.99% APR for 12 months, no transaction charges, and no restrictions on how to use the checks (you can deposit them as cash, purchase something, pay bills, etc.). However, you don't get any points for using these checks. It's time to spend!


Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 pm

dragon452 wrote:It must be, as I just received my Capital One special rate checks (I get them twice a year), at 2.99% APR for 12 months, no transaction charges, and no restrictions on how to use the checks (you can deposit them as cash, purchase something, pay bills, etc.). However, you don't get any points for using these checks. It's time to spend!


Man. I can't even get them to send me a statement. :p
Image

oldsoldier
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: TN

Postby oldsoldier » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Capital One blows, but I will be nice since they gave my first card years ago.
BoA Cash Rewards $13,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $14,000
BoA Better Balance $12,000
Amex Every Day $24,000
Discover It $17,000
NFCU Platinum Visa $25,200
Barclay Arrival WMC $10,000
Cap One QuickSilver WMC $6,200
WF Cash back Visa Sig $11,000
Citi Thank You Premier $11,600

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:41 pm

My experience is totally the opposite. Big limits, multiple cards. Rock solid.

User avatar
Xorand
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:01 am
Location: TX

Postby Xorand » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:16 am

They've done OK by me over the years. My QS was originally a Platinum that I got in 2003. CLIs were slow but steady over the last couple years. I usually run those checks through the shredder and would prefer they not send them, to be honest.
AmEx - Platinum (NPSL) , Blue Cash Preferred ($19,000), Gold Delta Skymiles ($8,500)
Chase - Sapphire Preferred ($14,000), Disney ($11,500), Amazon.com ($9,000), Freedom ($8,000)
CapOne - QuickSilver ($7,250) / Platinum Rewards ($7,250)

oldsoldier
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: TN

Postby oldsoldier » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 am

It's good to know. I have been really upset with them cause I cant seem to get a CLI with them or a PC. Yet they send me offers every week for there other cards. I hope they step it up within the next year or it time for me to close this account and move on.
lobbythis wrote:My experience is totally the opposite. Big limits, multiple cards. Rock solid.
BoA Cash Rewards $13,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $14,000
BoA Better Balance $12,000
Amex Every Day $24,000
Discover It $17,000
NFCU Platinum Visa $25,200
Barclay Arrival WMC $10,000
Cap One QuickSilver WMC $6,200
WF Cash back Visa Sig $11,000
Citi Thank You Premier $11,600

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:23 pm

oldsoldier wrote:It's good to know. I have been really upset with them cause I cant seem to get a CLI with them or a PC. Yet they send me offers every week for there other cards. I hope they step it up within the next year or it time for me to close this account and move on.


Call the EO offices. I will admit, normal CSR's are dumb and read from a script. Once I called EO and had them manually review my account spending, they immediately CLI'd multiple cards...

oldsoldier
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm
Location: TN

Postby oldsoldier » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:31 pm

lobbythis wrote:Call the EO offices. I will admit, normal CSR's are dumb and read from a script. Once I called EO and had them manually review my account spending, they immediately CLI'd multiple cards...


Thanks for the advice. They did PC me to the Quicksilver card. I should be getting it in a few days. Yes!
BoA Cash Rewards $13,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $14,000
BoA Better Balance $12,000
Amex Every Day $24,000
Discover It $17,000
NFCU Platinum Visa $25,200
Barclay Arrival WMC $10,000
Cap One QuickSilver WMC $6,200
WF Cash back Visa Sig $11,000
Citi Thank You Premier $11,600

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:18 pm

oldsoldier wrote:Thanks for the advice. They did PC me to the Quicksilver card. I should be getting it in a few days. Yes!


Yup, that's like their goto card. I have a QS Visa and QS Mastercard...working on turning them into World Elite and Signature. Probably going to have to call EO to get it done again though. When I speak with anyone through chat, all they do is check the "Modify Your Features" option in your account which has never worked on any of my accounts anyways.

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:54 pm

I have no problem with CapOne. Their customer service imo is pretty average compared to what Amex and discover have to offer but besides that they've never given me trouble at all.
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest