Where do I file a complaint?

Discuss the Visa & MasterCard payment networks as well as cards that operate through them.
8 posts
chas0039
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Excelsior

Where do I file a complaint?

Postby chas0039 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:31 pm

I recently got declined with the PayPal card through GE. It makes no sense as I have no debt, a long history of on time payments (25+ years) and a credit score of 800+.

They won't explain the problem over the phone, and in spite of requests and assurances, they have yet to send a written explanation.

Which agency do I file a complaint with?

Thanks


MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:42 pm

If you never get a letter explaining why you were declined and letting you know which bureau you have the right to get a free copy of your credit report from (in this case it should be TU) then you can contact the CFPB and file a complaint. That would be your best bet.

Berk
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:54 pm
Location: NE Florida

Postby Berk » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Just apply for PayPal Credit and don't worry about it. They don't report the account and you can get some great 6 month 0% financing offers. And many major retailers take PayPal now.
Fico Scores 05/25/2015
Equifax 766
TransUnion 788
Experian 797

Over $140,000 in credit across 12 cards.

chas0039
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Excelsior

Postby chas0039 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:54 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:If you never get a letter explaining why you were declined and letting you know which bureau you have the right to get a free copy of your credit report from (in this case it should be TU) then you can contact the CFPB and file a complaint. That would be your best bet.


Thanks, they have some of the worst customer service I have ever seen. I will never do business with them; I just want the explanation.

thom02099
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Postby thom02099 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:14 pm

chas0039 wrote:I recently got declined with the PayPal card through GE. It makes no sense as I have no debt, a long history of on time payments (25+ years) and a credit score of 800+.

They won't explain the problem over the phone, and in spite of requests and assurances, they have yet to send a written explanation.

Which agency do I file a complaint with?

Thanks



A question -- What is it you want to accomplish with a complaint?
Retired, and in the process of retiring cards!
EQ = 846 EX=828 TU = 836 as of 02/2016

chas0039
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Excelsior

Postby chas0039 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:17 pm

thom02099 wrote:A question -- What is it you want to accomplish with a complaint?


I just want them to send out the letter explaining the decline. My credit score after the date of decline is still 802 so something is weird.

thom02099
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Postby thom02099 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:56 am

chas0039 wrote:I just want them to send out the letter explaining the decline. My credit score after the date of decline is still 802 so something is weird.


Have you checked your credit reports to see what they pulled, or did you get some sort of auto-notification from a credit monitor? What's the source of that 802 score? I can't imagine that any card offering from GE/Synchrony would not send out a letter of explanation.
Retired, and in the process of retiring cards!
EQ = 846 EX=828 TU = 836 as of 02/2016

chas0039
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Excelsior

Postby chas0039 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:06 am

None of the credit monitors I have are reporting anything, the 2 I got because of Target and Super Value issues. The credit scores are Barclays and Discover and match up with a FICO score checked 6 months ago. I have been over 800 forever.

I also can't believe they won't send the letter. The problem is they screwed up and the people there I talk to, after 40 minutes on hold, do nothing. They just repeat the party line.

In any case, I filed the claim.



Return to “Visa & MasterCard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests