Gb24 wrote:Should I wait til the end of the year though?
What will waiting 3 more months do? What other cards do you have? Any with a limit of $5,000 or more?
A FICO (Experian) of less than 650 isn't really prime territory. I would make sure that you have at least one credit card (that you are primary on and not an auth user) that has at least a $5,000 limit (Sapphire Preferred is a Visa Signature and as such, requires a $5K limit-Chase does not like to be your first $5K+ issuer) and I would wait until you are at an Experian FICO of 670 or higher before applying.
Also, use their pre-approval tool on the website first before you do anything to give you an idea about what you may be approved for. With a 649 I have to figure if they approved you for anything it would be a Slate, Freedom, Disney or Amazon with a $500-$1,000 limit.
Why not wait until next June? You will be a year wiser, employed full time and hopefully with a higher FICO score. That is just my two cents. Let us know what you decide and the outcome.