- Centurion Member
- Posts: 410
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 pm
- Location: Chicago
I have not seen any discussions about the possibility of receiving Signature version by transferring limit, maybe have to call customer service to confirm version?
The only cases I have seen are:
1. A new account approved with >= $5000 limit directly (no CLIs/transfer limits after approval) can receive Signature version
2. Some people have successfully transferred a regular version to Signature after 13 months of account opening, at which time having >= $5000 limit
1. There are people in the past approved with >= $5000 limit and received non-Signature version
2. When some people attempted to transfer Platinum to Signature when after 13 months of account opening (having >= $5000 limit), they failed, and customer service claimed either it should be a completely new application or simply said the transfer was not available, even receiving denial message/letter without any explanation
When I asked my banker he said as long as I am approved a >= $5000 limit it will automatically be Signature version, and he said he would put a note to notify the application department I want a Signature version.
I would assume nowadays if approved with >= $5000 it is always Signature. For transferring limit I would anticipate upon approval you received < $5000 limit, which resulted into a non-Signature version, and no matter how you increase limit, you cannot get Signature until after 13 months. Or my assumption is false, and you may need to contact customer service for immediate answer. I really would like to see if it is possible by transferring limit before they sending the card out, this can be interesting.
BTW: Banker showed me today the credit card department still has not updated my social security number so my application still cannot be processed.
Citi Forward Visa $5000 10/2012 | American Express Blue Cash Everyday $8000 2/2014 | Discover it $7000 5/2014
Chase Freedom Visa Signature $7000 6/2014 | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5000 1/2015