Favorite distilled drink? Whats in your bar?

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
34 posts
Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Favorite distilled drink? Whats in your bar?

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:34 pm

maybe i'm bringing back the dead here....but here goes. :D

I love my "brownies". Thats my affectionate nickname for my bar spirits.

I currently have
JW Blue, Green, Black and Double Black (for guests who don't know scotch)

Macallan 18 year (for guest who wants to learn from me about scotch)

Cragganmore (for the guest who asks if have any decent scotch)

Lagavulin 16 and Balvenie 15 (for the guest who made it past my evaluation)

Hennessey X.O. (for special occasion)

Distilled water (for all the above except the X.O.)

there are no clears......I don't do clears. this took me 1 year to aquire all these....and roughly 1-2 years to consume them all except the X.O currently standing at 7 years.

what's your favorite......and what's in your bar?
talk about your favorite experiences....solitary or in good company?


User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Remy Martin - XO Premier CRU

The rest is your wines and beer LOL
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:50 pm

guess what found in a gas station: a 2001 pinot noir. from a chateaux that i've never heard of.....so....i bought it....and I'm gonna sit on it.

Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:51 pm

FastSRT8 wrote:Remy Martin - XO Premier CRU

The rest is your wines and beer LOL


Meukow needs to go out of business.......its garbage to me.

Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:54 pm

i have such a passion.....an esoteric passion for spirits......that if I could do my youth all over again....i would have devoted my life to them. I've spent the last 10 years learning every morsel of how to develop my ability to appreciate them. I live...and breath the manufacture and maturation of these living bottles. I'm humbled that someone's nose can determine the moment that the oak, sherry whatever....has done its job and its time to move the spirit to its final resting place.

I love it......like air.....love.....women.....and money.....

linuxmachine
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:10 pm
Location: los angeles

Postby linuxmachine » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Glenlivet and Remy for me

User avatar
djrez4
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm
Location: United States

Postby djrez4 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 pm

That's a nice collection, Kaiokenryu.

We keep a selection of Kirkland Signature brand hooch around to have the ability to make most standard drinks for guests. Bourbon, plato and anejo tequila, dark rum. I think there's a bottle of Grey Goose in there too. We also have a bunch of wines. I don't buy whites, but we've received some as gifts that I'll pull out if people want them. The reds range from cheapo $7 malbecs to some nicer bottle from wineries like Orin Swift. If you have a chance to pick up some of the Locations series by Dave Phinney, the Orin Swift's head winemaker, grab as many as you can. Great value.

For my personal whiskey stash, I have Kirkland 18- and 20-year Speysides, Laphroig 10-year, Ardbeg Corryvreckan (which I think challenges Lagavulin), and my new favorite, a 15-year single malt called Yoichi from the Nikka distillery in Japan. I also have some tequila: Corzo plato and 1921 anejo at the moment. In addition to those, I have a separate stash up in Vail: Stranahan's Colorado whiskey and Espolon reposado.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]
[/RIGHT]

Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 pm

i wonder how the japanese whiskey compares to the rest of the world. I wonder what the vision for it is....

Kaiokenryu
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:25 am
Location: atlanta

Postby Kaiokenryu » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:15 pm

djrez4 wrote:That's a nice collection, Kaiokenryu.

We keep a selection of Kirkland Signature brand hooch around to have the ability to make most standard drinks for guests. Bourbon, plato and anejo tequila, dark rum. I think there's a bottle of Grey Goose in there too. We also have a bunch of wines. I don't buy whites, but we've received some as gifts that I'll pull out if people want them. The reds range from cheapo $7 malbecs to some nicer bottle from wineries like Orin Swift. If you have a chance to pick up some of the Locations series by Dave Phinney, the Orin Swift's head winemaker, grab as many as you can. Great value.

For my personal whiskey stash, I have Kirkland 18- and 20-year Speysides, Laphroig 10-year, Ardbeg Corryvreckan (which I think challenges Lagavulin), and my new favorite, a 15-year single malt called Yoichi from the Nikka distillery in Japan. I also have some tequila: Corzo plato and 1921 anejo at the moment. In addition to those, I have a separate stash up in Vail: Stranahan's Colorado whiskey and Espolon reposado.


RON SWANSON!

Done. :D

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Kaiokenryu wrote:Meukow needs to go out of business.......its garbage to me.


LOL maybe to someone like you who has an impeccable sense of taste to discern the minute differences between the brands.

For me, it's smooth enough and I only take one shot anyway.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest