some people

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
17 posts
FutureBillionaire
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Down South

Postby FutureBillionaire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 am

TheLethargicAge wrote:I'll roll my eyes whenever someone says "Citi Forward gives you %5 back", but it's not worth fighting over stuff like that.


True, but it is helpful to explain them how they can actually earn it.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape


FutureBillionaire
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Down South

Postby FutureBillionaire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:32 am

Gamma wrote:Unfortunately, we will always have to put up with that type of behavior in just about every forums, except myfico. I swear every post I have read there have nothing but positive comments/expressions. I feel going there in that site is just like going to some sick wonderland fantasy. I doubt they're the same in life.


They are all happy credit users over there. $500 cli lead them to sing, dance, and feast on the best meats and cheeses in all of the land.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape

TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Postby TheLethargicAge » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:38 am

Gamma wrote:Unfortunately, we will always have to put up with that type of behavior in just about every forums, except myfico. I swear every post I have read there have nothing but positive comments/expressions. I feel going there in that site is just like going to some sick wonderland fantasy. I doubt they're the same in life.


Funny because it's true. That place is so artificially peachy, it's sickening.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)

TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Postby TheLethargicAge » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:41 am

FutureBillionaire wrote:They are all happy credit users over there. $500 cli lead them to sing, dance, and feast on the best meats and cheeses in all of the land.


Not to mention constantly slamming Capital One for not giving them CLIs while refusing to admit to only having rebuilder cards.

Oh yeah, the "buffet" at their Garden Club meeting...priceless.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)

FutureBillionaire
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Down South

Postby FutureBillionaire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:54 am

TheLethargicAge wrote:Not to mention constantly slamming Capital One for not giving them CLIs while refusing to admit to only having rebuilder cards.

Oh yeah, the "buffet" at their Garden Club meeting...priceless.


They do have a lot of passion for NFCU over there. I've thought about researching those cards.

I did learn about the shopping cart trick over there. That was cool. I"m sure there are other things that I'm forgetting. This forum has probably been the most helpful.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape

TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Postby TheLethargicAge » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:01 am

FutureBillionaire wrote:They do have a lot of passion for NFCU over there. I've thought about researching those cards.

I did learn about the shopping cart trick over there. That was cool. I"m sure there are other things that I'm forgetting. This forum has probably been the most helpful.


They're obsessed with NFCU. I keep hearing about the shopping cart trick, but I have no idea what it is. I guess that's how so many of them wound up with Victoria's Secret cards.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)

FutureBillionaire
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Down South

Postby FutureBillionaire » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:10 am

TheLethargicAge wrote:They're obsessed with NFCU. I keep hearing about the shopping cart trick, but I have no idea what it is. I guess that's how so many of them wound up with Victoria's Secret cards.


Lmbooooooo. I actually shop at Express and have friends that do also, so that info is helpful. I also like to read about what bureaus are pulled for certain apps.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests