SHARE your wildest concierge request which was filled.

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
138 posts
User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 am

SO I get to go all the way with Cathay!
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!


JCarter
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby JCarter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 am

FastSRT8 wrote:I'm from Vancouver BC Canada and we have direct flights to Hong Kong! The boss (wife) bless her heart told me to save the $$ for first and spend it on her shopping LOLOLOL. I'm not a big guy so Business Class is good for me. Now.... and empty first class cabin with all those beds....... AND 12 hours plus of flight time.... :D


I would call CTS then and ask them to call ahead for a sky cap to meet you at the check in. Presenting your Centurion at check in with Sky Cap waiting will almost certainly get you bumped to the top of the upgrade list.

I responded to your question via PM, fyi.

amexguy321
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby amexguy321 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:53 am

make sure you pay a visit to the steak house in the basement of the intercontinental. its way overpriced :) but the experience is a must! they let you chose from like 10 different steak knives from around the world and put so many different types of salts on the table to choose from, also mustard lol

again, go there and enjoy yourself! i guarantee you will leave with a smirk on your face..

if you need any other tips let me know, i am just finishing up a 3 month stay here!
greetings from HK

JCarter
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby JCarter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 am

amexguy321 wrote:make sure you pay a visit to the steak house in the basement of the intercontinental. its way overpriced :) but the experience is a must! they let you chose from like 10 different steak knives from around the world and put so many different types of salts on the table to choose from, also mustard lol

again, go there and enjoy yourself! i guarantee you will leave with a smirk on your face..

if you need any other tips let me know, i am just finishing up a 3 month stay here!
greetings from HK


Last time I went to the steak bar at the Intercontinental it was $200 (US not HKD) for a rib eye, which while the best in Hong Kong wasn't nearly the best I have had. To travel to Asia for a steak doesn't do it for me. But I highly recommend the seafood at the same restaurant.

amexguy321
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby amexguy321 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 am

ha yes you are right, however i had so much dim sum with the locals that i needed some nice red meat :) also keep in mind that i was (am) here for 3 months now.. i miss steak lol

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:38 am

JCarter wrote:Last time I went to the steak bar at the Intercontinental it was $200 (US not HKD) for a rib eye, which while the best in Hong Kong wasn't nearly the best I have had. To travel to Asia for a steak doesn't do it for me. But I highly recommend the seafood at the same restaurant.


JCarter, come to see me in Vancouver. We fly to Calgary, Alberta and that's the place in all of Canada to have beef. Best Canadian beef can be found here. Best part... it wont cost you the $200 USD it did in HK LOL
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am

amexguy321 wrote:ha yes you are right, however i had so much dim sum with the locals that i needed some nice red meat :) also keep in mind that i was (am) here for 3 months now.. i miss steak lol


AmexGuy, what's the China Club like? I heard it's private members only. Is it worth the trip in to dine OR is it just another overrated place for expats?
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

amexguy321
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Postby amexguy321 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:08 pm

depends what you are shooting for... tons of expats. wouldnt make that my primary spot. something i highly recommend is to go to a bar called "insomnia" in lan kwai fong. dont remember if live music starts at 9 or 10pm, but they have some amazing bands playing there. i like the mix of people a lot more there than at china club... too conservative (in my 20s) ha
dont get me wrong, lots of middle age people hanging in the lan kwai fong area

yes it is members only, maybe centurion can arrange something for you.

also, at the very top floor of the langham place in mong kok, there are some nice restaurants including a japanese place. every table is fitted with their own little grill to cook the meat... very delicious

another place to go try is nomads in tsim sha tsui. it is a mongolian bbq restaurant, i highly recommend you visit it... lots of expats dining there but who cares :) the quality is great and you have lots meats, vegetables, and sauces to choose from

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Amexguy, thanks! Sadly... I am in my 40's LOL but that doesn't mean I don't wanna visit the cool spots. I heard the Centurion concierge can get one into the China Club so I will try for sure.

Any other must see hard to get into dining spots? Traditional restaurants ok....
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

JCarter
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby JCarter » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 pm

FastSRT8 wrote:Amexguy, thanks! Sadly... I am in my 40's LOL but that doesn't mean I don't wanna visit the cool spots. I heard the Centurion concierge can get one into the China Club so I will try for sure.

Any other must see hard to get into dining spots? Traditional restaurants ok....


Nobu is always a don't miss (even though they have other locations), Hong Kong is a great location.



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests