Done with myfico, apparently!

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
453 posts
TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby TheLethargicAge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:55 am

takeshi wrote:I have no interest in the app frenzy and congrats threads and don't even click on them but, yeah they do make up a majority of the topics there. It really doesn't matter to me what any given person apps for or why. That's all up to them to determine based on the information readily available to them. It's not my responsibility to change anyone's behavior. A person has to want to change in order to change. I'll prompt for more information from those asking for recommendations on cards as no one ever seems to provide any useful information for others to use to make recommendations but that's about it when it comes to such topics.

It is a lot of noise and I'm not sure why I bother with it. A bot could easily replace me as it's the same info over and over again.

However, that's pretty much any discussion forum site. A lot of noise with the same questions endlessly asked and the occasional nugget.


Couldn't agree more.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)


TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby TheLethargicAge » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:20 am

kdm31091 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:So was there one particular thread or comment that was the "last straw" that triggered this ban?


It was the thread where open123 was talking about american airlines devaluations. Finstar helpfully chimed in with "kdm doesnt pay my bills", after I said the only person open123 needs to please is themselves.

In other words basically I had the same point as finstar but he misread mine as the opposite and made a snide comment like usual, so I responded and somehow its my fault for derailing the thread even though he started it. And of course, he is still actively posting, so as usual I was punished and the instigator left alone.

Finstar is one of those who initiates fights but is so good at BSing and impressing members that they dont see it. People look up to him with his huge limits etc which I think are either BS, or else someone so wealthy shouldnt be wasting their time on cc sites. Its stupid.


Glad someone else noticed that about FinStar. He's always making these sarcastic comments to me about how I'm gonna fuck up the alignment of the universe if I don't have the same number of Visas and MCs.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am

TheLethargicAge wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:I feel like I'm channeling Nixon with this thread. I knew it was coming, and today I received a 60 day suspension from myfico. It's not my first. I've been banned a few times before. It seems the site is run by biased people who play favorites. Certain users are allowed to snark and pick on you as much as they want and nobody cares, but if you respond to it at all, even to say "stop it", you're the one that gets banned...even though their little teacher's pets are the ones that started the conflict.

This is a much nicer site with much more normal people, and I'm thinking I'll be here more often! Lol. My ban reason lists "bombing" threads with off topic material. I'm not even sure what that is supposed to refer to, since today's thread that "went off topic" was solely to a member snarking about "KDM doesn't pay my bills"...in other words, starting an argument, and yet I'm the one blamed for it.

I've come to realize that unless you merely say "congrats", and/or post information with no opinion in it, they don't want you there. Any opinion that goes against "congrats!" or "did you app yet?" or "app app app!" is basically frowned upon. I give honest, sometimes blunt, advice, but have gotten many PMs from members appreciating my voice among the majority of drones there. Evidently though, it wasn't enough. I'll have to give serious thought as to whether to even go back after 60 days. I like(d) some of the people there but the leadership seems biased at best.


Good for you! I've been trying to quit that place for a long time...but then I get bored and start browsing the threads. Which of the mods banned you?

On a related note, did Lexie die or something?


Haven't seen Lexie in awhile, but the mods seem to fluctuate with their activity levels. I imagine they can't deal with the BS forever either. It's not like they get paid or anything.

I don't know who banned me. They didn't include any "personal message", just the generic suspension message for violating TOS. Again, the thread in which things got out of hand was because of the know-it-all Finstar instigating an argument with me, but it's just as well. Myfico is the same crap over and over. People apply for cards into oblivion, are encouraged to do so, and then are upset when AA is taken because of their 30 inquiries this month. Then they are told to call the EO to "demand an explanation" as if it's not common sense and completely obvious 99% of the time why it happened. They are also told to call the EO for every basic, tiny request they have. To say nothing about folks abusing the JP Morgan Priority Line who have a $500 Freedom card. It's a total joke. The site also consists of a ton of people who claim "I'm gardening for 2 years!" then the minute a bonus comes along they "fall out of the garden".

I think I'm better off though honestly. I don't seem to fit in on there. Although some people have private messaged me appreciating my views, most of the users seem to be against my more "realistic" type of approach to cards i.e. don't apply every month, most people don't gain from spreading spend over 20 cards, etc. They're just my opinions, certainly not something everyone has to agree with, but they aren't really welcome on there. I find this site is a reasonable substitute where I can say what I feel without worrying about the people getting butthurt over it. Myfico users just don't listen to reason. They are so entitled that they cannot see straight.

Finstar is a know it all asswipe. I don't know how he gets away with it, nor do I believe his weekly 50k approval threads. If one is so wealthy they are getting those kinds of approvals, they probably should stop wasting their time trolling people on credit forums. Because that's what he does. Starts arguments and says little of use. He also always chimes in with "how things work" as if he knows everything behind the scenes at every company. But they bow down to him as if "Finstar has spoken so it must be true!".

Anyway, I was more than likely wasting too much time and energy on there. When the suspension is lifted I may post once in blue moon but for all intents and purposes I plan to "quit". Life's too short to argue with morons about 0.5% in rewards all day, after all :). The site also caused me to app more frequently than I should have in late 2014/early 2015, so it certainly didn't do me any favors. I find this site satiates any boredom I get and allows me to keep up with what's going on in the credit world without all the BS of myfico and corrupt mods.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:22 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
TheLethargicAge wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:I feel like I'm channeling Nixon with this thread. I knew it was coming, and today I received a 60 day suspension from myfico. It's not my first. I've been banned a few times before. It seems the site is run by biased people who play favorites. Certain users are allowed to snark and pick on you as much as they want and nobody cares, but if you respond to it at all, even to say "stop it", you're the one that gets banned...even though their little teacher's pets are the ones that started the conflict.

This is a much nicer site with much more normal people, and I'm thinking I'll be here more often! Lol. My ban reason lists "bombing" threads with off topic material. I'm not even sure what that is supposed to refer to, since today's thread that "went off topic" was solely to a member snarking about "KDM doesn't pay my bills"...in other words, starting an argument, and yet I'm the one blamed for it.

I've come to realize that unless you merely say "congrats", and/or post information with no opinion in it, they don't want you there. Any opinion that goes against "congrats!" or "did you app yet?" or "app app app!" is basically frowned upon. I give honest, sometimes blunt, advice, but have gotten many PMs from members appreciating my voice among the majority of drones there. Evidently though, it wasn't enough. I'll have to give serious thought as to whether to even go back after 60 days. I like(d) some of the people there but the leadership seems biased at best.


Good for you! I've been trying to quit that place for a long time...but then I get bored and start browsing the threads. Which of the mods banned you?

On a related note, did Lexie die or something?


Haven't seen Lexie in awhile, but the mods seem to fluctuate with their activity levels. I imagine they can't deal with the BS forever either. It's not like they get paid or anything.

I don't know who banned me. They didn't include any "personal message", just the generic suspension message for violating TOS. Again, the thread in which things got out of hand was because of the know-it-all Finstar instigating an argument with me, but it's just as well. Myfico is the same crap over and over. People apply for cards into oblivion, are encouraged to do so, and then are upset when AA is taken because of their 30 inquiries this month. Then they are told to call the EO to "demand an explanation" as if it's not common sense and completely obvious 99% of the time why it happened. They are also told to call the EO for every basic, tiny request they have. To say nothing about folks abusing the JP Morgan Priority Line who have a $500 Freedom card. It's a total joke. The site also consists of a ton of people who claim "I'm gardening for 2 years!" then the minute a bonus comes along they "fall out of the garden".

I think I'm better off though honestly. I don't seem to fit in on there. Although some people have private messaged me appreciating my views, most of the users seem to be against my more "realistic" type of approach to cards i.e. don't apply every month, most people don't gain from spreading spend over 20 cards, etc. They're just my opinions, certainly not something everyone has to agree with, but they aren't really welcome on there. I find this site is a reasonable substitute where I can say what I feel without worrying about the people getting butthurt over it. Myfico users just don't listen to reason. They are so entitled that they cannot see straight.

Finstar is a know it all asswipe. I don't know how he gets away with it, nor do I believe his weekly 50k approval threads. If one is so wealthy they are getting those kinds of approvals, they probably should stop wasting their time trolling people on credit forums. Because that's what he does. Starts arguments and says little of use. He also always chimes in with "how things work" as if he knows everything behind the scenes at every company. But they bow down to him as if "Finstar has spoken so it must be true!".

Anyway, I was more than likely wasting too much time and energy on there. When the suspension is lifted I may post once in blue moon but for all intents and purposes I plan to "quit". Life's too short to argue with morons about 0.5% in rewards all day, after all :). The site also caused me to app more frequently than I should have in late 2014/early 2015, so it certainly didn't do me any favors. I find this site satiates any boredom I get and allows me to keep up with what's going on in the credit world without all the BS of myfico and corrupt mods.


I just plain wouldn't go back. Once you've been banned once you are on their radar until the end of time.
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:23 am

Nixon you are correct. I've been suspended previously, and it seems like every other post I made I was getting a "warning" PM when I barely even said anything controversial. Point blank, myfico doesn't want you to tell posters the truth. They want coddling, encouragement to app, etc and it seems anything else is just not welcome no matter what the situation. Look at all the people who egged pizza on to amass her 250k+ in credit a mere 2 years after BK. Is that seriously sound advice (even if you believe the story)?

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

kdm31091 wrote:Nixon you are correct. I've been suspended previously, and it seems like every other post I made I was getting a "warning" PM when I barely even said anything controversial. Point blank, myfico doesn't want you to tell posters the truth. They want coddling, encouragement to app, etc and it seems anything else is just not welcome no matter what the situation. Look at all the people who egged pizza on to amass her 250k+ in credit a mere 2 years after BK. Is that seriously sound advice (even if you believe the story)?


At this point they are more a source of entertainment than anything.

Not to say I didn't learn a thing or two while I was there. There was still (some) sanity lingering back then but honestly that site has now degenerated into a cesspool of self-entitled and self-destructive individuals that believe that you can app until your fingers rot.

And with D* gone now, There is no way but time to repair a frayed AAoA
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:49 am

Nixon wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:Nixon you are correct. I've been suspended previously, and it seems like every other post I made I was getting a "warning" PM when I barely even said anything controversial. Point blank, myfico doesn't want you to tell posters the truth. They want coddling, encouragement to app, etc and it seems anything else is just not welcome no matter what the situation. Look at all the people who egged pizza on to amass her 250k+ in credit a mere 2 years after BK. Is that seriously sound advice (even if you believe the story)?


At this point they are more a source of entertainment than anything.

Not to say I didn't learn a thing or two while I was there. There was still (some) sanity lingering back then but honestly that site has now degenerated into a cesspool of self-entitled and self-destructive individuals that believe that you can app until your fingers rot.

And with D* gone now, There is no way but time to repair a frayed AAoA


Yeah it seems most of the sanity is gone and replaced with just what you said. People who are so entitled it's sickening, and who apply until they can't see straight and they whine when their credit report is destroyed (or the accounts are taken away from them by the lender!).

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am

I suppose if you wanted to go back and troll, do as you please you could pretend to have abysmal credit and get "approved" for major players "mysteriously".

You might even encourage some reckless apping ala FMC1992!

They do love a good underdog (deadbeat "redemption") story..
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:04 am

Nixon wrote:I suppose if you wanted to go back and troll, do as you please you could pretend to have abysmal credit and get "approved" for major players "mysteriously".

You might even encourage some reckless apping ala FMC1992!

They do love a good underdog (deadbeat "redemption") story..


Haha, like the recent "monoglot" who at 18 years old, claims to have gotten approved for an AARP and a Freedom, at I believe 15k each. And makes a huge income as an accountant.

I mean seriously - are people that stupid to believe this crap? Unless he is including household income in his apps, but even then, those approvals seem very large for an 18 year old with barely 5 months of credit history.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:09 am

kdm31091 wrote:
Nixon wrote:I suppose if you wanted to go back and troll, do as you please you could pretend to have abysmal credit and get "approved" for major players "mysteriously".

You might even encourage some reckless apping ala FMC1992!

They do love a good underdog (deadbeat "redemption") story..


Haha, like the recent "monoglot" who at 18 years old, claims to have gotten approved for an AARP and a Freedom, at I believe 15k each. And makes a huge income as an accountant.

I mean seriously - are people that stupid to believe this crap? Unless he is including household income in his apps, but even then, those approvals seem very large for an 18 year old with barely 5 months of credit history.


Tell me about it, My half bro's largest instant approval to date was $3,000 from AMEX.

And thats with a manufactured AAoA of 7 years to start and being an AU on several accounts for the last 2+yrs.
Image



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests