Done with myfico, apparently!

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
416 posts
User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:55 pm

A painfully misplanned app:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4574801

Getting Citi TY Premier with no bonus and the incorrect belief that AA is a transfer partner.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when


kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:59 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:A painfully misplanned app:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4574801

Getting Citi TY Premier with no bonus and the incorrect belief that AA is a transfer partner.


It honestly blows my mind that people who are regulars on that site, and clearly should know a thing or two, apply for things blindly without researching and ask questions later.

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Tubpbs » Mon May 02, 2016 4:47 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:A painfully misplanned app:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4574801

Getting Citi TY Premier with no bonus and the incorrect belief that AA is a transfer partner.


It honestly blows my mind that people who are regulars on that site, and clearly should know a thing or two, apply for things blindly without researching and ask questions later.



Simply put, that person is a complete moron...

They can't even admit they made a mistake. Then they say they don't care what value they get for the points because it's free money / they don't have to pay "out of pocket". As was said, they are just wasting their time and money / rewards. They have no concept as to what they're doing.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:57 pm

OP wasn't very receptive, and has decided on a course economically equivalent to taking out a loan at perhaps 150% interest.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Tubpbs » Mon May 02, 2016 6:34 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:OP wasn't very receptive, and has decided on a course economically equivalent to taking out a loan at perhaps 150% interest.


And that's the thing...everyone makes mistakes and everyone does stupid shit. The problem is the reception to correct info.

First, he ignored the transfer partner issue and pretended he meant buying with points, which clearly was not the case. Then the point valuation thing...he tried to talk his way out of it a few times and then concluded with saying he doesn't care about the valuation he gets for the points, while saying he doesn't use cash back cards anymore... Just an idiot.
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Tubpbs wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:OP wasn't very receptive, and has decided on a course economically equivalent to taking out a loan at perhaps 150% interest.


And that's the thing...everyone makes mistakes and everyone does stupid shit. The problem is the reception to correct info.

First, he ignored the transfer partner issue and pretended he meant buying with points, which clearly was not the case. Then the point valuation thing...he tried to talk his way out of it a few times and then concluded with saying he doesn't care about the valuation he gets for the points, while saying he doesn't use cash back cards anymore... Just an idiot.


Clearly he can't be reasoned with so I gave up.

The other thing is the people on there who justify their app addiction in the name of "diversity". I don't think you need 20 credit cards from 20 lenders. There can be a middle ground between having all your eggs in one basket vs being addicted and trying to justify it.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Mon May 02, 2016 7:14 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:A painfully misplanned app:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4574801

Getting Citi TY Premier with no bonus and the incorrect belief that AA is a transfer partner.


Hey, second usernames aren't allowed.


You're cruisin' for a bruisin' from gaydale. ;)
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Nixon wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:A painfully misplanned app:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit- ... -p/4574801

Getting Citi TY Premier with no bonus and the incorrect belief that AA is a transfer partner.


Hey, second usernames aren't allowed.


You're cruisin' for a bruisin' from gaydale. ;)

You called it...although it took a few days.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Tubpbs » Tue May 03, 2016 4:24 pm

What was the point of the second user name?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Tubpbs wrote:What was the point of the second user name?

It's the result of a malfunctioning wireless keyboard, three incorrect login attempts, and no one at MF in a rush to help a member who doesn't pay for any of their services complete a very complicated password reset process.

...and I've been informed there's no way to fix it, so I am instructed to keep using the new name.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests