Done with myfico, apparently!

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
416 posts
User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:10 am

Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when


kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby kdm31091 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:02 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Opinion-Comenity-going-bankrupt-or-something/td-p/4509644

I might get a ban for this?


You might at least be looking at a warning, although nothing you said is untrue. I am getting sick of the Comenity drama.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:25 am

At least you were constructive.
Image

thom02099
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby thom02099 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:27 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Opinion-Comenity-going-bankrupt-or-something/td-p/4509644

I might get a ban for this?


OP asked for an opinion. You expressed your opinion. I don't see a problem here. Especially since what you stated as opinion is applicable to oh so many of the sheeple over there.

Had the OP simply Googled "Comenity" and look at their financials and outlook, it would have rendered the post moot. However, that's not applicable to the drama seekers over there.
Retired, and in the process of retiring cards!
EQ = 846 EX=828 TU = 836 as of 02/2016

User avatar
Vattené
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:55 am
Location: US

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Vattené » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Ah, but if that opinion is not pre-approved by the community, it risks being deemed "unsupportive" and that's a violation.
-Vattené
FICO-8:
EX - 809 (11/16) | TU - 803 (11/16)
Primary Cards:
American Express EveryDay - $20,000 (10/14)
Discover it - $23,000 (2/14)
AU on Barclay Sallie Mae - $10,000 (8/15)
plus several store accounts of varying usefulness now

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Vattené wrote:Ah, but if that opinion is not pre-approved by the community, it risks being deemed "unsupportive" and that's a violation.

And some people don't like being called out as credit clowns.
Love: IHG, Platinum, Sallie Mae, AA Plat, CSP
Like: Discover, ED, BCE, Hyatt, Arrival, Freedom
Might drop: BrooksBros, Prestige (Costco PC?)
Might add: Proper business card, CSR, Ritz, Delta Gold
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby JonE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 pm

I'm banned for 7 days for telling a poster to quit whining and move on. Remains to be seen whether I'll return or not once the ban is lifted.
Wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Chopping Block: Synchrony
Future: TBD

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby JonE » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:08 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
Vattené wrote:Ah, but if that opinion is not pre-approved by the community, it risks being deemed "unsupportive" and that's a violation.

And some people don't like being called out as credit clowns.


I would have said the same thing.
Wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Chopping Block: Synchrony
Future: TBD

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby Nixon » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:37 am

JonE wrote:I'm banned for 7 days for telling a poster to quit whining and move on. Remains to be seen whether I'll return or not once the ban is lifted.

What a joke. Finstar and a few select others never get so much as a slap on the wrist for the same. And what about that Joeyzoom idiot? They get away with calling people "miserable bastards" because they don't agree that x bank is horrible and will go out of business because they won't give them a 1m CL at 0% for life.
Image

JonE
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:55 am
Location: Denver

Re: Done with myfico, apparently!

Postby JonE » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 am

Nixon wrote:
JonE wrote:I'm banned for 7 days for telling a poster to quit whining and move on. Remains to be seen whether I'll return or not once the ban is lifted.

What a joke. Finstar and a few select others never get so much as a slap on the wrist for the same. And what about that Joeyzoom idiot? They get away with calling people "miserable bastards" because they don't agree that x bank is horrible and will go out of business because they won't give them a 1m CL at 0% for life.


I didn't even think what I posted was all that inflammatory. Some people just need to be told not to act like entitled little brats. Chase is not going out of business because THEY PERSONALLY can't get past the 5/24 rule, when the fact is the average consumer has no more than 2-3 credit cards at one time and probably doesn't even know what something like manufactured spending is, and that rule wouldn't be a problem.
Wallet: Chase Freedom, Discover IT
Chopping Block: Synchrony
Future: TBD



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests