What do you think of Donald Trump?

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
183 posts
Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:33 am

whit wrote:Prisoners get fed and health coverage better than the folks on welfare

do we not have made in USA stuff made in prison so they could at least give back to the communities they harmed or?


I like this. We can also put welfare folks to work who are not terminally ill.
Image


MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby MemberSince99 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:46 am

I love these "feel good" ideas that really haven't even been thought through.

We do not have anywhere near close to enough jobs for people who WANT to work, and now we should use cheap prison labor too? So, whose job do they take? It's gotta be someone's because not everyone who wants one can find one, so can they take yours?

You know it always feels so good for people to talk about putting those scumbags on a chain gang and having them fix roads, but whose job do they take when they do that?

I know, then you get them screaming "Take them goddamn commie union bastards jobs and TORTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them filthy bastards ta death!!!!! Gotta keep them liberal socialists down before they destroy America like they want to!!!!!! Them libs is the same thing as them filthy towel heads what flew planes inta buildings!" Then I just roll my eyes and think yeah that sort of brilliance is an example of why this country is doing so great these days, no doubt.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby Nixon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Lets stop kidding ourselves. This country went from making shit, building shit, reduced to rubbish in a declining service industry.

Put the prisoners to do hard labor like building roads, public works. Welfare recepients not terminally ill can work service jobs and the rest of your lower echelon workforce currently can get back to making things.
Image

whit
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 pm
Location: ca

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby whit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:01 am

Nixon wrote:Lets stop kidding ourselves. This country went from making shit, building shit, reduced to rubbish in a declining service industry.

Put the prisoners to do hard labor like building roads, public works. Welfare recepients not terminally ill can work service jobs and the rest of your lower echelon workforce currently can get back to making things.


+++

those who get welfare while some are very much needed and understood for their circumstances

majority just know how to wipe the system and leave those who actually need it in the dark

you say you know a lot of folks who are willing to work but can't find work, what kind of work are they willing to pull themselves out of unemployment for though? I had an ex who did graphics and wouldn't lower himself to work for anything like retail, even high end retail because heaven forbid he speak with anyone in niceness unless he wanted to--something that customer service is about (being nice to someone even when they're blowing steam off on u)

I had a friend who really frustrated me because he had a compensation package (more than fair) for a job that he knew was going to go down in flames but refused to jump off beforehand and, despite only having a HS degree was amongst the highest paying there, nearly 20$ a hour, benefits and everything so I don't blame him.

he ended up collecting unemployment for as long as he could too before he decided to go look for work. folks were pointing him in different directions and he was like nope

ps he filed for bankruptcy recently because he racked up thousands in gambling online and decided that he would rather charge it off than pay it off. he doesn't have to worry about his living situation, he will never have to pay for rent/mortgage or worry where he's gonna end up, except for the food on his table and spending money.

I also could tell you about the single mom who struggled with no help of child support, working 2 40hrs job, because it takes forever for the government to throw any help while another landlord tells me of a mom with two kids, one of whom is underage with a 1 year old and popping another one soon--none that works, the bf of the daughter who has one kid and another on the way won't get married because they get more help that way. section 8 btw with the right to choose wherever they want to live and the government foots the rent.

so there are folks out there who can work but will be very picky about the work.

I wish the government would make those who are capable of working, in prison or welfare, work, in exchange for the help that's given

and if it helps, they can place the work done in prison as part of the resume for skills acquired/refined, etc. so when they come out it may be a bit easier to get back into society and not find themselves hitting brick walls because for the past ten years they've spent it in prison with nothing to do but sleep, eat, and walk around the yard.

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3755
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm a bit surprised at his comments about McCain. You'd think someone with a record of sketchy deferments would try to make military service a low-priority issue.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby MemberSince99 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:20 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I'm a bit surprised at his comments about McCain. You'd think someone with a record of sketchy deferments would try to make military service a low-priority issue.


That would be reasonable to think, however, no one ever went broke underestimating the stupidity of the American people, as the saying goes....

whit
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 pm
Location: ca

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby whit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:59 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I'm a bit surprised at his comments about McCain. You'd think someone with a record of sketchy deferments would try to make military service a low-priority issue.


I was waiting to see if anyone else brings this up

I think he was riding on a high of "I can say whatever shiet I want cos I'm Donald trump yo"

and his mouth got the better of him

to be fair he only fired that stupid shot when he felt attacked because xx,xxx amount of supporters came out and McCain said they were idiots or something to that effect.

can't wait to see how he gets himself out of this but I never really felt he would have a chance at presidency regardless of this remark or the remark of illegal immigrants but than again

I thought Arnold never should have become governor, I thought Californians were better than that

people tend to elect on silly facts like colour or name/heritage or celebrity status apparently

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby Nixon » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

whit wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:I'm a bit surprised at his comments about McCain. You'd think someone with a record of sketchy deferments would try to make military service a low-priority issue.


I was waiting to see if anyone else brings this up

I think he was riding on a high of "I can say whatever shiet I want cos I'm Donald trump yo"

and his mouth got the better of him

to be fair he only fired that stupid shot when he felt attacked because xx,xxx amount of supporters came out and McCain said they were idiots or something to that effect.

can't wait to see how he gets himself out of this but I never really felt he would have a chance at presidency regardless of this remark or the remark of illegal immigrants but than again

I thought Arnold never should have become governor, I thought Californians were better than that

people tend to elect on silly facts like colour or name/heritage or celebrity status apparently


Such a shame our fellow countrymen are such fools.
Image

darkguy2
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am
Location: United States

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby darkguy2 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Nixon wrote:Lets stop kidding ourselves. This country went from making shit, building shit, reduced to rubbish in a declining service industry.

Put the prisoners to do hard labor like building roads, public works. Welfare recepients not terminally ill can work service jobs and the rest of your lower echelon workforce currently can get back to making things.


Please. Do you know why the US was such a dominant manufacturing force back in the day? Because the rest of the world was bombed all to hell after WWII. Europe was in shambles, Russia was recovering from losing millions of working men as well as a few major cities, and China/Japan were also in bad shape. The US was the only major power that came out of the war nearly unscathed and they used their already large manufacturing power from the war to take advantage of this. All that is happening now is other countries have recovered and taken back that power. We will never get back to that time unless the world goes to hell again.

Truly the baby boomers were the luckiest generation that had it the easiest. All they had to have was a high school diploma and can-do attitude and they got a great paying job they could raise a family with. They were the selfish generation, not mine. They squandered our wealth and let the entire country, and planet, fall into disarray. What is the biggest thing this generation fights for today? Not losing their government benefits that is currently leaching our coffers dry. They say F U to the generations after them. They want to keep living a nice life while others struggle to live day-to-day, many not able to and dying. They are all for going to war and sending the younger generation off to fight for them, but when they come home and are damaged they are tossed aside, saying it costs too much to treat these people who just before they called heros and thanked for their service.
Discover IT - $5,700
Chase Freedom - $5,700
Costco Citi - $13,000
Sallie Mae - $4,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6,000
Chase Sapphire Reserve - $19,500
Citi Double Cash - $6,500
Amex BCE - $13,000

FICOs: Discover (777), SallieMae (764), Amex (767), Citi (772)
FAKOs: CK- TU (760), EQ (760)

whit
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 pm
Location: ca

Re: What do you think of Donald Trump?

Postby whit » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Um,

I know plenty that were from that generation; during the WW2 era, some have already passed away and some are kinda near there? And a good portion of them have savings; way more than the current generation..and they consistently have to dip into their investments and savings because the ssi they get is only a measly (keep in mind I'm in a metro city) of 2kish. pS, one of those clients saw me recently, statements reflect over a mil in liquid savings for his kids, same kids who will throw away a perfectly good pair of sneakers (I commented on his new shoes, swear they looked new and apparently his son was going to throw them out because he got another pair).

So no, I would not say that the baby boomers squandered the wealth of this country. I would say that folks higher up was anticipating xyz in income from taxes both of businesses and individuals--so they spent more than what was the windfall.

And that the bubble burst because business cycles always have a downfall--and instead of trying to anticipate how the economy is going to be, knowing there will be slow times and preparing for it..well..it was either never done or not done very well.

So there are cuts to government spending which includes putting funds back into the public school system to make sure the next generation is adequately prepared for the work force and finances.

That's just one example of course, and i believe while my reasoning is more of a driving factor than yours. I do know that yours is a contributing factor as well as mine and many other reasons that make this big huge mess of what we call America these days and sadly it's actually still a hellvalot better than the alternatives out there. which is why a lot of folks are still trying to get over here and why I'm here obviously but, drastic changes need to be made



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests