Third time's a charm.

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
82 posts
MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby MemberSince99 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Nixon wrote:I will be the first one to admit that I tend to give off a sense of arrogance to the casual observer, but I do not speak without purpose. I had a decent run.

Looks like that place will go back to the way it was. SCT Sprees, Congratbots and cheerleading with garden-a-thons.


That's EXACTLY what they want over there. They are cool with it.

The sooner you accept it's for the better the sooner you can put your time to better use. Some of us simply do not mesh with what they look for. Hey that's true of life - you look at any company and some people they hire just flat out do not fit. Then they either move on or they get moved on and you try again. I quit worrying about fitting into the needs of some stupid online board a long time ago. This is currently the ONLY one I post on. Even though there are other boards I might be able to contribute to, I don't like how they are like North Korea and I realize it won't work so it's for the better this way.


User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Nixon wrote:I brought my sense of humor there and i'm sure plenty of people appreciated it, but of course you have some old curmudgeons there who can't handle a little change in trends so they watch you like a hawk, waiting for you to breach some arbitrary rule or personal definition of a rule.

That's their style - they like to kick 'em when they're down.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby kdm31091 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:52 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:Yeah I know. I know how they play favorites. All it takes is a mod to want to ban you and you will be banned. That's how it worked for me. I was banned by posting a story about dealing with Cap One customer "service" (and I use the term loosely there....) - I mentioned he answers in a thick Indian accent I could hardly understand, and the mod said I was being racist. I explained that it wasn't racist it was the truth that's what happened - HE made it racist. Ban hammer for life. Oh well. We all know they will ban you just based on whether they feel like it.

I consider it a blessing. Maybe some time away from the obsession would be a good thing Nixon. Think of the hours of your life being wasted surely a smart guy like you can find better things to do anyway. I sure don't miss posting there. I'm grateful for the time saved in my life that would be otherwise down the toilet.


I would agree, Nixon, the time away is probably not bad. I know we haven't always gotten along. But I will say I think you went too far with the obsession and amount of posts. 17k posts in under a year is a LOT. You can be interested in credit without having to be on a forum to that extent.

There's probably something else you can do with all that time.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby Nixon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Yeah. I mean. I was posting less there anyway since the last ban. Interesting that HF got banned too temporarily, but definitely shows where there priorities are.
Image

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Anyway, they don't have what it takes to party with Nixon.

-My last Nixon/Futurama reference unless someone else joins in...
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby Nixon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:53 pm

The devil is in the details.

This is clearly an overreaction on the moderator's part and if this is going to be a regular thing then their judgement needs to be assessed.
Last edited by Nixon on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby kdm31091 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Nixon wrote:Yeah. I mean. I was posting less there anyway since the last ban. Interesting that HF got banned too temporarily, but definitely shows where there priorities are.


This I am surprised about because I never see her posting anything out of line or even sort of out of line.

They are very suspend and ban happy. It's just how they are. Unfortunately. But it's just a website. All you can do is take the time spent and go elsewhere.

@creditwonderful, I'm not sure how you know whos ban is being "debated" or not unless you are an inside source at myfico, and I'm not trying to bash Nixon but I know he was temp banned a few times already and warned before. I'm not sure they tend to just lift bans unless there is a really good reason, especially a permanent ban. But I guess time will tell. Nonetheless, with the way most on this thread seem to feel about myfico I'm not sure why anyone CARES if the ban is lifted...if it's such a horrible site with crappy mods, why would you want to spend time there anyway?

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby Nixon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:56 pm

kdm31091 wrote:
Nixon wrote:Yeah. I mean. I was posting less there anyway since the last ban. Interesting that HF got banned too temporarily, but definitely shows where there priorities are.


This I am surprised about because I never see her posting anything out of line or even sort of out of line.

They are very suspend and ban happy. It's just how they are. Unfortunately. But it's just a website. All you can do is take the time spent and go elsewhere.

@creditwonderful, I'm not sure how you know whos ban is being "debated" or not unless you are an inside source at myfico, and I'm not trying to bash Nixon but I know he was temp banned a few times already and warned before. I'm not sure they tend to just lift bans unless there is a really good reason, especially a permanent ban. But I guess time will tell. Nonetheless, with the way most on this thread seem to feel about myfico I'm not sure why anyone CARES if the ban is lifted...if it's such a horrible site with crappy mods, why would you want to spend time there anyway?


If I had gone back to talk about the same things I was actually warned about: Bumpage, Freezing for profit, and other company unfriendly things. I would understand.

A simple warning here would have sufficed and to immediately go for the nuclear option was absolutely unnecessary. My post wasnt nesc off topic as the GC thread doesn't REALLY have any one topic. The moderator that did the deed clearly went off the deep end here.
Image

kdm31091
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Location: Claymont, DE

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby kdm31091 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Nixon wrote:
kdm31091 wrote:
Nixon wrote:Yeah. I mean. I was posting less there anyway since the last ban. Interesting that HF got banned too temporarily, but definitely shows where there priorities are.


This I am surprised about because I never see her posting anything out of line or even sort of out of line.

They are very suspend and ban happy. It's just how they are. Unfortunately. But it's just a website. All you can do is take the time spent and go elsewhere.

@creditwonderful, I'm not sure how you know whos ban is being "debated" or not unless you are an inside source at myfico, and I'm not trying to bash Nixon but I know he was temp banned a few times already and warned before. I'm not sure they tend to just lift bans unless there is a really good reason, especially a permanent ban. But I guess time will tell. Nonetheless, with the way most on this thread seem to feel about myfico I'm not sure why anyone CARES if the ban is lifted...if it's such a horrible site with crappy mods, why would you want to spend time there anyway?


If I had gone back to talk about the same things I was actually warned about: Bumpage, Freezing for profit, and other company unfriendly things. I would understand.

A simple warning here would have sufficed and to immediately go for the nuclear option was absolutely unnecessary. My post wasnt nesc off topic as the GC thread doesn't REALLY have any one topic. The moderator that did the deed clearly went off the deep end here.


Right, I get that you feel it was an overreaction and maybe it was.

But I think you need to just accept it and move on. There's nothing you can do about it. I was banned a few times, once for a month, and life still went on. On the month ban I more or less forgot about the website, and that's why you'll notice I do not post as much on there now. You rediscover things that were important to you before "the credit thing" and realize that yes, it's important to have good credit and it is fine to be passionate about rewards but at the end of the day, it's a way to pay for stuff. It doesn't need to rule your life. I'm just not that interested anymore. I log on, browse, make a few posts and leave. This is much better than spending a lot of time on there which I was before, and I had nowhere near as frequent posts as you but I did spend a lot of my time on there.

My advice is to just try and move on. Whatever happened happened. Maybe the break will help you discover other interests in your life to spend time on. Then if the ban ever was lifted (which I maintain that I don't see a permanent ban being lifted but, you never know) you could approach the website with a much more casual level of interest.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1076
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Re: Third time's a charm.

Postby Nixon » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 pm

The point is the principle of the matter.

Every other time I have at least gotten a warning or the post suddenly gone. This time, the moderator in question went 0-100 over what was pretty much nothing. When I personally didnt even participate in the deleted section of posts and even sent an AR about it.
Image



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest