Gun Control, Police Actions, etc.

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
36 posts
yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Postby yfan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:43 am

lobbythis wrote:NRA member here.

Come at me bro.


I am always amused by the chest-thumping from by keyboard commandos who claim to be big bad gun-rocking... "bros".


yfan
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
Location: San Jose CA

Postby yfan » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:52 am

Nixon wrote:Firearms shouldn't just be for criminals and police. ;)


Absolutely not. Firearms should also be for 5-year-old boys to shoot their 2-year-old sisters with.

Gamma
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:15 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Gamma » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 pm

yfan wrote:Absolutely not. Firearms should also be for 5-year-old boys to shoot their 2-year-old sisters with.


Terrible that a company manufactures gun specifically for children. Never heard such nonsense and they should also charge the parents for child endangerment. It's stupid that state encourages giving children gun at an early age.

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:18 pm

yfan wrote:Absolutely not. Firearms should also be for 5-year-old boys to shoot their 2-year-old sisters with.


Where were the parents? ;)

Gun owners should practice safe handling and storage especially with young children present.

Is it the guns fault? No. The gun didnt just decide it was gonna hop over into the kids hand. Keep bringing up the straw man arguments though.
Image

User avatar
otter
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:45 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby otter » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:35 pm

yfan wrote:Absolutely not. Firearms should also be for 5-year-old boys to shoot their 2-year-old sisters with.


Just looking at that home says it all...
In my Wallet:
  • Amex PRG NPSL[3-14, bd 91]
  • Sallie Mae MC $8000[1-14]
  • Chase Freedom $4700[1-14]
  • Discover It $2750[8-13]
  • BoA UCF Alumni Cash Rewards $5000 [3-15]
Sometimes in my Wallet:
  • GM BuyPower WEMC $5000[9-14]
  • Wells Fargo Propel 365 Amex $7000[4-14]
  • Barclaycard Arrival WEMC $7000[3-14]
  • BoA Better Balance $3000[2-15]
In my sockdrawer: Amex BCE $1000[10-13, bd 91], OCCU Duck $10000 [11-13], The Sportsman's Guide Visa $8000[8-14], Chase Slate $4000 [9-14]Delta Gold Amex $2000 [2-15 bd 91], Diners Club MC $20000 [10-14] Commerce Bank Visa $2000 [3-15] Citi Double Cash $1000 [3-15]
Total CL: $90450

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:59 pm

LessIsMore wrote:I own only 1 gun - a Springfield XDM semi-auto 9mm ... with 3 politically incorrect 19-round clips (grin). I recently joined Gun Owners of America. And at the same time, I sent a letter to the NRA - telling them I intended to let my membership with them lapse. It's not because I disagree with them - or the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. It's because I frankly got sick and tired of their seemingly incessant fund-raising. I was getting hammered daily by emails or snail-mails, all asking for donations. Yesterday, I got two snail-mails from them. And in my letter to the NRA, I also told them that if GOA spammed me as much as the NRA did, I'd let my GOA membership lapse as well.

FWIW, I once went to a "Friends of the NRA" banquet locally. And even when people were "trying" to eat their dinners, fund-raising people would go table-to-table ... interrupting them as they ate to solicit donations. That was my first and last banquet.

While I realize fund-raising is important to organizations like the NRA, there comes a point when the NRA goes into overkill mode. At least, they reached that point with me.


100% agree. I have stopped all their sh*t as much as I can. They ever signed me up for some godd*amn coin collection magazine automatically.

They are a fund-raising machine and a total spambot. I will probably end up leaving just like you did. I feel like every email, snail mail I get from them is trying to sign me up for some new scam.

User avatar
lobbythis
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:53 pm
Location: usa

Postby lobbythis » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:05 pm

yfan wrote:I am always amused by the chest-thumping from by keyboard commandos who claim to be big bad gun-rocking... "bros".


Ha, you must know I was being sarcastic. The truth is, I'm all about shankin' bros with my sick butterfly knife skills.

darkguy2
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:24 am
Location: United States

Postby darkguy2 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm

LessIsMore wrote:I own only 1 gun - a Springfield XDM semi-auto 9mm ... with 3 politically incorrect 19-round clips (grin). I recently joined Gun Owners of America. And at the same time, I sent a letter to the NRA - telling them I intended to let my membership with them lapse. It's not because I disagree with them - or the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. It's because I frankly got sick and tired of their seemingly incessant fund-raising. I was getting hammered daily by emails or snail-mails, all asking for donations. Yesterday, I got two snail-mails from them. And in my letter to the NRA, I also told them that if GOA spammed me as much as the NRA did, I'd let my GOA membership lapse as well.

FWIW, I once went to a "Friends of the NRA" banquet locally. And even when people were "trying" to eat their dinners, fund-raising people would go table-to-table ... interrupting them as they ate to solicit donations. That was my first and last banquet.

While I realize fund-raising is important to organizations like the NRA, there comes a point when the NRA goes into overkill mode. At least, they reached that point with me.


Does DOA offer free gun insurance with membership? Right now that is probably the only reason I have an NRA membership. Some gun shows will give a discount to NRA members as well, but I do not go to those enough for it to matter. They do send may to much junk though.
Discover IT - $5,700
Chase Freedom - $5,700
Costco Citi - $13,000
Sallie Mae - $4,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6,000
Chase Sapphire Reserve - $19,500
Citi Double Cash - $6,500
Amex BCE - $13,000

FICOs: Discover (777), SallieMae (764), Amex (767), Citi (772)
FAKOs: CK- TU (760), EQ (760)

LessIsMore
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm
Location: Vader, WA

Postby LessIsMore » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 am

Just a brief comment on the Ferguson grand jury decision. I firmly believe that the judge in this case was universally stupid in announcing the decision at 8pm (local time). When the grand jury came back, he should have said he'd hear their decision at 8am the next morning - and adjourn the court for the night. I suspect a lot of violence and looting could have been prevented (or at least deterred) by having the decision announced in BROAD DAYLIGHT. At the very least, cops can probably see crimes happening better during the day than they can during the night.
"People with a clever plan can assume the role of the mighty."
Paul Kantner

LessIsMore
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm
Location: Vader, WA

Postby LessIsMore » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:35 am

darkguy2 wrote:Does GOA offer free gun insurance with membership? Right now that is probably the only reason I have an NRA membership. Some gun shows will give a discount to NRA members as well, but I do not go to those enough for it to matter. They do send may to much junk though.


Well, the NRA doesn't have free gun insurance itself. To get no-cost $2,500 ArmsCare Firearms Insurance coverage, you have to click on a button that activates the insurance through Lockton Affinity, LLC (an advertising NRA partner company). I clicked on the button myself and knew that I was authorizing them to "share information" (sigh). Lockton, themselves, hasn't spammed me. But I'm sure my email & snail-mail addresses were shared.

I have my own remote dedicated server and can create/delete any email address tied to my server's domains. When I joined NRA, I gave them a specific email address for contact - shared with no one else. I was getting spam from a lot of places at that address. But, once I deleted it, ahhhhhhh.

I'm not sure if GOA has similar advertising partners. But, I imagine I'll find out soon enough.
"People with a clever plan can assume the role of the mighty."
Paul Kantner



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest