Verizon story...

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
15 posts
User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Verizon story...

Postby nismoZtuner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:26 pm

So during September 2014 I bought two IPhone 6s with a 2 year contract- the next day my parents asked me if they can join my plan since they were paying $70+ per line with T-Mobile (crappy service in my area btw)if I added them my brother, my parents and I would pay $55 per line. so that same day my mom and I went to a Verizon store but before that I called CS to ask them if it was possible to add 2 more lines into an account I opened the previous day- they`re like yes that all I had to do was to tell the sales guy that I already opened an account the previous day which I did but the sales guy ended up opening another account (I found that out later on). About a month and a half later I received my iPhones since they were on “Back Order” and noticed my two iPhones were not showing up on my account with the two other phones I bought at the store. I called CS and told them what was going on and they told me that the sales guy that helped me out (aka the manager for my location) made a new account instead of adding extra lines to my existing account.
So then I was transferred to a “AOL” CS that way they can merge my two accounts into one- they transferred my 1st account with the iPhones to the new line that my local store opened. So here is where the story gets interesting **it looks like the day that I activated my two iPhones that same day my contract ended- and for my parents their lines aren’t due till 2016. And recently I have been getting upgrade messages asking me to upgrade my device. –Wonder if they will catch up-..

– later on I received a bill for my old account I called Verizon and they told me I still had to pay the bill for the old account because my due amount was not going to be applied to the new account (bill for $85) -I did not have a problem with paying and I asked them if that was going to be it for my old account and they’re like yes. Okay so later on with my 2 IPhones I was supposed to be given 2Gb of bonus data for free because of a promotion they had going on during the time I got them. The AOL CS did not transfer that instead she just gave me 4GB of regular data. A month later I called Verizon and told them about my bonus data issue -they said it was going to get fixed. They did fix it but I was only given one GB (now 4 GB paid and 1 free GB) so I’m like “da hell”- having limited data with Verizon sucks because of overage. The next time I tried to contact Verizon was through chat on their site. I probably talked to about 3 online reps in two weeks and none of them did anything. (They all said it was going to get fixed)

During the end of December I tried again and this time the rep who helped me started a conversation with me about the holidays and our plans for the year and yada yada(good 20-30). so then she told me that she was looking at my account logs and told me that my two iPhones where transferred from previously closed account- this time the rep told me she was going to fix it and that I should see changes to my data soon.

So now that the month started I looked at my bill since it just posted last night and noticed that I’m no longer a regular “more everything” customer I’m a “more everything loyalty talk” customer- and that i`m also getting a bs charge--

**bs data charge**
Image

**strange data plan cost**
Image

**contract end date??**
Image

**screenshot of my Iphone confirmation receipt**
Image
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710
BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]
American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]
Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]
Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)
TCL-$19,800
Age-22


MB131174
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am
Location: PA

Postby MB131174 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm

I used to work for evil VZW. I can guarantee they started a new account instead of adding to an existing one for one reason: it pays more commission. They made you bend over and didn't give you anything to ease the pain. Having worked there, I know their tactics. It's not pretty.
stalk me
KIK: WMB1974

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:11 pm

MB131174 wrote:I used to work for evil VZW. I can guarantee they started a new account instead of adding to an existing one for one reason: it pays more commission. They made you bend over and didn't give you anything to ease the pain. Having worked there, I know their tactics. It's not pretty.


What do you think about my "Contract end date"?

Their data price for 3GB is the same as the 6Gb---the math....hmm
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

whit
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:04 pm
Location: ca

Postby whit » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Exactly why I don't do things in person and do it online
I added a line and was able to keep my old plan and also do the add for additional 0

But,

The way they had it set up was at extra cost, I had to manually change it so when I elected to have a new line added

;p

MB131174
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am
Location: PA

Postby MB131174 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:What do you think about my "Contract end date"?

Their data price for 3GB is the same as the 6Gb---the math....hmm


I'm not sure I'm following your story, to be honest. If you want to message me from my "stalk me" contact stuff feel free. This could have a lot of back and forth questions.
stalk me
KIK: WMB1974

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:53 pm

MB131174 wrote:I'm not sure I'm following your story, to be honest. If you want to message me from my "stalk me" contact stuff feel free. This could have a lot of back and forth questions.


That it shows my contact already ended for my two iPhone's and that I can already upgrade to another phone..(look at the screen shots)
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

MB131174
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am
Location: PA

Postby MB131174 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:57 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:That it shows my contact already ended for my two iPhone's and that I can already upgrade to another phone..(look at the screen shots)


You may have said this, but, is this the "new" account (fraudulently made, basically), or the original account you had with two lines before adding your parents? I think you said new?
stalk me
KIK: WMB1974

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:08 pm

MB131174 wrote:You may have said this, but, is this the "new" account (fraudulently made, basically), or the original account you had with two lines before adding your parents? I think you said new?


I opened my account on 9/30/14 because they had a 1gb promotion per line so I got 2 lines- then my parents found out I got verizon because Of my brother. From there my parents asked me why I got a new phone with another company and I told them because tmo service was bad. That's when they told me they wanted to move as well because I was gonna leave their Tmobile account before the new bill..

So on 10/1/14 I went to Verizon I told the manager who was going to help me that I already had an account made the day before- later on 11/14/2014 I activated my two iPhones and called verizon CS because my iphones weren't showing on my online account so the lady told me that the person at the store choose to open a 2nd account instead of pulling my 1st account with the iPhone's.. That's when I was transferred to the AOL department..
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

takeshi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: US

Postby takeshi » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:29 am

whit wrote:Exactly why I don't do things in person and do it online

Whether done in person or on the phone or even with another carrier one can request a summary of the changes and info on the ongoing charges to confirm that everything was done as requested.

MB131174
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 am
Location: PA

Postby MB131174 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:I opened my account on 9/30/14 because they had a 1gb promotion per line so I got 2 lines- then my parents found out I got verizon because Of my brother. From there my parents asked me why I got a new phone with another company and I told them because tmo service was bad. That's when they told me they wanted to move as well because I was gonna leave their Tmobile account before the new bill..

So on 10/1/14 I went to Verizon I told the manager who was going to help me that I already had an account made the day before- later on 11/14/2014 I activated my two iPhones and called verizon CS because my iphones weren't showing on my online account so the lady told me that the person at the store choose to open a 2nd account instead of pulling my 1st account with the iPhone's.. That's when I was transferred to the AOL department..


So what I want to be clear on is this: the account in the screen shot showing 4 active lines - is that the original account you had with VZDubbs, or is the the newer, fraudulently created account? That's what I need to know for sure, because that is the key to your upgrades changing or not changing.

If it's the original account - at some point your upgrade dates will probably update. Verizon wouldn't dare dream of letting that slip by them.

If it's the new account - I can say with 99% certainty that your "eligibility" to upgrade will remain in tact.

Another thing you need to watch out for is the evil AOL fee. In my region I believe it was $15 to move a number from one account to another. Be sure to fine tooth comb your bill.. both of them.
stalk me
KIK: WMB1974



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests