Cleared to close

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
21 posts
MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Cleared to close

Postby MemberSince99 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm

Closing is tomorrow, was told it was cleared to close on 8/26.


Here it's funded at the close and keys are turned over and it's done.


I will say don't do what I do people. Play it safe. I got lucky and got away with a lot, though State Farm got a bug up their ass about me and chiseled some more out of me (though in the end they will lose by doing it), but don't do like me and buy 2 vehicles and get 3 new credit cards BEFORE you close. I got a clear to close anyway but as a rule don't be me!


User avatar
djrez4
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1468
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm
Location: United States

Postby djrez4 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:11 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:. . . as a rule don't be me!


You nailed my philosophy of life right there. "Don't be Member." ;)

Also, congrats +1.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]
[/RIGHT]

Moneytalks
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: United States

Postby Moneytalks » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 pm

I think a big MyFico "CONGRATS +1" is appropriate for this thread :)

Hope you enjoy homeownership!
Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Freedom. (Credit Card dieting since 2014)

User avatar
onion
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby onion » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Congrats! Two cars and three cards right before closing sounds like a MyFICO thread lol.
FICO TU - 728 - 8/14
FICO EX - 716 - 7/14
FICO EQ - 740 - 7/14

Bank of America Cash Rewards - $2,400
Best Buy - $3,000
American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $8,000
American Express Everyday - $10,000
Discover It Chrome - $500 (AU on fiancée's card, helping her build credit)
American Express Platinum - NPSL
Barclaycard Arrival+ - $3,000
Capital One Yamacard - $11,000

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:04 pm

onion wrote:Congrats! Two cars and three cards right before closing sounds like a MyFICO thread lol.



But you oughta see the cards I closed ;)


Thanks guys. It's tongue in cheek but also seriously don't do the things I did. I did them simply because I wanted to do them and so to hell with it, it's my life and I have to live with what I do so I did it. But the SMART thing to do is wait. Ironically now that I'm cleared to close and closing is tomorrow, I don't have anything I want to do anyway!

User avatar
onion
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby onion » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:36 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:But you oughta see the cards I closed ;)


Thanks guys. It's tongue in cheek but also seriously don't do the things I did. I did them simply because I wanted to do them and so to hell with it, it's my life and I have to live with what I do so I did it. But the SMART thing to do is wait. Ironically now that I'm cleared to close and closing is tomorrow, I don't have anything I want to do anyway!


You don't have anything you want to do, but there's something you have to do! ;) Get back in the garden!
FICO TU - 728 - 8/14

FICO EX - 716 - 7/14

FICO EQ - 740 - 7/14



Bank of America Cash Rewards - $2,400

Best Buy - $3,000

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $8,000

American Express Everyday - $10,000

Discover It Chrome - $500 (AU on fiancée's card, helping her build credit)

American Express Platinum - NPSL

Barclaycard Arrival+ - $3,000

Capital One Yamacard - $11,000

User avatar
rhipsher
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:26 am
Location: Houston tx,

Postby rhipsher » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:Closing is tomorrow, was told it was cleared to close on 8/26.


Here it's funded at the close and keys are turned over and it's done.


I will say don't do what I do people. Play it safe. I got lucky and got away with a lot, though State Farm got a bug up their ass about me and chiseled some more out of me (though in the end they will lose by doing it), but don't do like me and buy 2 vehicles and get 3 new credit cards BEFORE you close. I got a clear to close anyway but as a rule don't be me!
As long as you paid cash for that new Ferrari and Lamborghini then no problem lol!

popamode72
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby popamode72 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 pm

Way to go! I think you truly deserve it.
Macy's TLs (21k), Lowes (17k), CSP (10k), Sam's Club (10k), Nordstrom (5k), AARP (4.2k), Freedom (3k), Discover (1.5k), Quicksilver (2k), BoA (3k), Barclaycard Arrival (2.5k), Amazon Store (6k), Paypal (4.9k), Sam's Club MC (3.6k), Walmart MC (1.2k)

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3748
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Congrats! And now you have greater credit diversity to help your FICO.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

User avatar
kcm7
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: TX

Postby kcm7 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:01 am

Congrats! Also, now that you have a home (presumably with a yard), you can *literally* garden. You know, sunflowers and carrots and pumpkins and stuff.
Cards:

-Capital One Quicksilver
-Barclaycard Arrival (no AF)
- US Bank (no rewards)
-IHG



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests