MemberSince99 wrote:Seems to me they can do whatever they want - from my point of view, if they violate it, what will happen to them? My best guess is - absolutely nothing.
Actually, when it comes to mortgages, they can get in deep crap. I know it doesn't cover the enforcement side, but this
should give you an idea of the new rules.
MemberSince99 wrote:Anyway, yes, since it was after hours I did email her asking what the hell is going on with this. I wonder why she would not have contacted me with explanations of what is going on - her signature was on the "Congratulations" letter. I suppose it could have been stamped, but she is supposed to be "on" that stuff. Or maybe she just felt I wouldn't mind seeing that.
It may not have come from her. Or, maybe it did. That tells you that there's a left-hand/right-hand communication issue or that she hasn't been straight with you. It also could be an error or you could be misinterpreting it.
Consider that you may have qualified on the bank's (correct) assumption that you had $10,414.15 in your account. I recall being required to show assets and confirm their source.
MemberSince99 wrote:Whatever. I think the biggest mistake I ever made was trying to do this. I just want to wash my hands of the whole thing right now. I want my life back and to lose my bankster "buddies" and their fun and games. I just hope to Christ I'm not around the next time the taxpayers bail them out. Let em fail the same as they would do to us, and preach to them about that "personal responsibility" they claim to be experts at.
Well, now you're just being dramatic.
MemberSince99 wrote:My mom suggested if I don't like the LO's explanation, I look for alternative financing. Kind of late in the game for that now. Maybe that's why they decided to change the game midstream. We'll see. I just really want this to be over.
I don't know what the answer is going to be, but I can say this much 100% - no matter what else happens I will NOT be blackmailed by thugs. I'll leave it at that.
We ended up closing a day late because the bank couldn't get the docs together on time. The sellers didn't seem to care, but the delay would have allowed them to back out of the contract if they wanted. The inconvenience was annoying, but sh*t happens. If we had lost the house (and our rate lock) because some underwriter couldn't get his act together, then I would have gone lawyer on them.
Is your offer contingent on closing on 9/7? If you have to requalify with a different lender, the seller will likely give you the time to do it, especially if the house has been on the market for a while and because you offered asking price.
[RIGHT][size=100]- Sapphire Preferred - Freedom - Ink - Platinum - Everyday Preferred -[/size]