I rather have a land line vs cell phone

A place to discuss anything... except credit cards!
17 posts
benhollberg
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

Postby benhollberg » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Is somebody forcing you to use and carry a cellular phone all the time? Probably not, maybe though.

I for one am glad I carry my cell phone, most of the the time two, around all the time. It is good for my own safety and security. You can carry one and not use it unless you absolutely have to. It has wonderful tools also that are in addition to the phone feature, such as a camera, clock, calculater, map, and flashlight. I wouldn't want to go anywhere without my phone, even if I don't touch it I am glad I have it just in case of emergency.
American Express Platinum Card
American Express TrueEarnings Card from Costco
Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard
Discover It


mdl28
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: TX

Postby mdl28 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 pm

benhollberg wrote:Is somebody forcing you to use and carry a cellular phone all the time? Probably not, maybe though.

I for one am glad I carry my cell phone, most of the the time two, around all the time. It is good for my own safety and security. You can carry one and not use it unless you absolutely have to. It has wonderful tools also that are in addition to the phone feature, such as a camera, clock, calculater, map, and flashlight. I wouldn't want to go anywhere without my phone, even if I don't touch it I am glad I have it just in case of emergency.


And the above comment is my point exactly. People now a days have no clue, but to depend on technology.
MDL

Amex Gold Prem'r
Amex BCP
Amex Green
Barclays Ring Platinum MasterCard
Citi Diamond Pref'd
Chase Sapphire Pref'd Visa Signature
Chase Freedom MasterCard
Discover It
New York Life Visa Signature

rockyrock
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 am
Location: Ventura, CA

Postby rockyrock » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:02 pm

jlam572 wrote:Im 31 and even I miss the old days. I was very young before cell phones and pagers came out, but still... I try to allot one day per weekend where the GF and I don't use our cellphones, unless someone calls us. Its freed us up quite a bit. I kinda wish I could do it every day.


I really like this. When I lived in Hawaii, we would take mini staycations in Waikiki. We would stay at a hotel and leave our phones in the car. From the time we checked in until lunch the next day we would be phone free. It was a great experience and forced us to focus on each other.
Sapphire Reserve: travel & dining
Blue Cash Preferred: groceries & gas
Freedom: 5% cats
Double Cash: everything else

benhollberg
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

Postby benhollberg » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm

mdl28 wrote:And the above comment is my point exactly. People now a days have no clue, but to depend on technology.


A telephone, even a landline, is technology to which you're trying to depend on instead of a cellular phone.
American Express Platinum Card
American Express TrueEarnings Card from Costco
Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard
Discover It

mdl28
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: TX

Postby mdl28 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:23 pm

And the above comment further proves my point :)

I am for technology, I'm using it right now. I use GoToMyPC.com almost everyday to check in on my remote companies.
All I'm trying to say is when I stop at my local coffee shop in the morning. 99% of the people there have a glow on their faces, and its not from a natural excitement. Its from the cell phones they have perched up to their faces. Instead why not look around, enjoy the music being played. Check out the people ordering their coffee and wonder what they do for a living. Heck watch the baristas hard work they do just to make that soy decaf latte with 2 honeys so perfect for you.

Seems like everyone has forgot what we all enjoyed so much just 15 years ago. Its called life and its passing us by while we all have our faces buried in our cell phones.
MDL

Amex Gold Prem'r
Amex BCP
Amex Green
Barclays Ring Platinum MasterCard
Citi Diamond Pref'd
Chase Sapphire Pref'd Visa Signature
Chase Freedom MasterCard
Discover It
New York Life Visa Signature

benhollberg
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 pm
Location: Salt Lake City

Postby benhollberg » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:59 pm

mdl28 wrote:And the above comment further proves my point :)

I am for technology, I'm using it right now. I use GoToMyPC.com almost everyday to check in on my remote companies.
All I'm trying to say is when I stop at my local coffee shop in the morning. 99% of the people there have a glow on their faces, and its not from a natural excitement. Its from the cell phones they have perched up to their faces. Instead why not look around, enjoy the music being played. Check out the people ordering their coffee and wonder what they do for a living. Heck watch the baristas hard work they do just to make that soy decaf latte with 2 honeys so perfect for you.

Seems like everyone has forgot what we all enjoyed so much just 15 years ago. Its called life and its passing us by while we all have our faces buried in our cell phones.


The world changes, life isn't the same to everyone. Technology is a part of some people's life, the same argument could be made that people who do not take advantage of a cellular phone are missing life (I'm not making that argument). Life isn't the same to everyone.
American Express Platinum Card
American Express TrueEarnings Card from Costco
Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred World MasterCard
Discover It

mdl28
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:18 pm
Location: TX

Postby mdl28 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:33 pm

benhollberg wrote:The world changes, life isn't the same to everyone. Technology is a part of some people's life, the same argument could be made that people who do not take advantage of a cellular phone are missing life (I'm not making that argument). Life isn't the same to everyone.


I agree, the world has changed. Some think for the better, some think for the worse. Either way its just my little peeve about todays society. Regardless it is what it is and I will conform to a point, but will still fight the losing battle of real life interaction over lonely technology.

:
MDL

Amex Gold Prem'r
Amex BCP
Amex Green
Barclays Ring Platinum MasterCard
Citi Diamond Pref'd
Chase Sapphire Pref'd Visa Signature
Chase Freedom MasterCard
Discover It
New York Life Visa Signature



Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests