Some people say it's wrong to earn rewards on your employer's dime but honestly, is it fair for me to wait up to 50 or 60 days after an expense until I get reimbursed? I think that is more in the camp of being wrong so I'm not going to feel guilty about earning rewards and keeping them for myself.
That rant out of the way, do you guys think the La Quinta credit card would be worth getting I only stay at their hotel maybe once every 2 months, say 6x per year. OR would I be better off with a general travel card like Sapphire Preferred, Cap One Venture, etc.
Here's my review of the La Quinta Returns Visa card, correct me if I am wrong/missing vital info.
- 5x points at La Quinta. Application says 17x points at their hotels but that's not entirely accurate because only 5 of those come from the credit card. The rest are separate (10x thru La Quinta membership and 5x thru La Quinta Gold Status).
- 2x points on gas, dining, car rentals.
- 1x points spent elsewhere.
- Bonus[/B] says 40,000 points but that's misleading because only 20,000 are given after first purchase. The other 20,000 require spending $10,000 in the first 12 months.
- Benefits are automatic gold status and no annual fee