nishant wrote:Here is what I do for maximizing cash back
1) Gas- Chase Freedom- 5% cash back on gas for two quarters in a year
2) Gas- PedFed- For 5% cash back at pump for remaining two quarters of the year
3) Online shopping- Q4- Chase Freedom for Amazon.com and Discover it for any online shopping for $1500.
4) Walmart- Priceline visa- 2% cashback on everything- No annual fee
5) Sams Club- Capital one world mastercard- 1.5% cash back on everything- No annual fee
6) Movies and fast food- 5% cashback with Citi Forward
7) Major renovation like basement finishing or electronics purchase- Plan and select category for US bank cash plus
8) Groceries- 6% cashback with Amex Blue cash preferred
9) Gym- 5% cashback - Citi Dividend this Q1
10) Target- Redcard - 5% cash back plus free shipping
Buy $500 MC/Visa gift cards from grocery store with BCP. Then anything that isn't covered by a 5% category use the gift cards and you will get no less than 4.7% on every CC purchase. (Example: Wal Mart, Sam's Club, online shopping, etc.)
There is no need for a 2% card with this strategy.
And if the you can't buy gift cards with BCP because of the cap on rewards, use your Citi Dividend and buy gift cards at drug stores.