jeffysdad. i never said amex fidelity was my only cc
heres how i max out my cash back
1) amex blu cash 3% for groceries (im not a heavy shopper)
2) penfed platinum 5% for gas
3) ink chase 5% on telefone and internet bills and 2% on restaurants that wont take my amex fidelity
4) aarp chase 3% on all forms of travel like flights, hotels, car rentals etc
5) fidelity amex 2% for everything else
I think with this formula I am sucking out the max I could using cash back cc's and I dont see how a 5% 3-month window improves this any further...besides i find it a bit cumbersome to keep synchronising dates and reminding myself which card to take out at what part of the year....
I think I have left out one card which is the citi platinum which gives 5% on restaurants but those guys whont give hard cash back they give back gift cards and all and that again restricts my freedom on how I spent that cash, so I have kept away from it...
I do have one question for the pro's here:--
1) the US bank cc gives the user to set quarterly categories. so what if I got 4 us bank ccs all under my name and set the categories such that the entire year atleast one cc is getting me 5% cash back on each category? Has any one tried that trick?