Are airline credit cards with frequent flyer miles somehow better than rewards being redeemed for travel? I don't get why they're worth it. Airline cards usually have fees and can be used with that airline, where as I can get another reward card with usually 1-2% back and can redeem for travel with any airline?
The reason I ask is because every seems to like the Delta SkyMiles AMEX. I fly 4-5x a year and have good credit. Also what is backdating and how do I do it? I had AMEX before and closed it.
Here are cards I am looking at, please tell me what you think...
- Citi Thank You Premier (free airline ticket every year? when i spoke on the phone with them they said i could use it doesn't have to be companion?)
- American Express Delta SkyMiles (doesnt seem great to me, but everyone recommends)
- American Express Zync with the travel pack (not sure about this, its a charge card)
- Discover IT (this looks awesome, no one here is really talking about it?)
- Priceline (2% on everything, looks good to me)
- Citi Forward (i see lots of people talking about it
- Discover Miles (everyday card 1%, but when I buy online 2% which i do a lot)
- Capital One Venture (emergencies and travel 1.25%)
- BoA Cash rewards (gas 3%)
- American Express Clear