points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

All about maximizing your rewards!
Members share tips and tricks for getting the most miles, & points.
9 posts
jcarte29
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby jcarte29 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:21 pm

So I now have a CSP and a Marriott Rewards, and I have attempted a couple times to transfer the points I have in my CSP (it's about 1,990 right now) over to my Marriott to give it a little boost. I put in my name, and my Marriott number (member ID right?) and it keeps giving me an error to check it, that it's not right.

So do I use my Marriott number as my member ID, or the log in ID I set up with Marriott rewards?
Portfolio:
CITI Diamond Preferred $7,000 [06-16]
AMEX Platinum (Charge) [11-16]
AMEX EDay $12,000 [11-14]
Lowes Store $15,000 [4-14]
CSP VISA $6,000 [7-14]
GM MC $9,000 [9-14]
AAdvantage Red MC $10,350 [10-14]
Discover IT $4,500 [03-15]
Chase Marriott VISA $5,000 [04-15]
Cap One Quick $2,600[4-10]


User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:31 pm

jcarte29 wrote:So I now have a CSP and a Marriott Rewards, and I have attempted a couple times to transfer the points I have in my CSP (it's about 1,990 right now) over to my Marriott to give it a little boost. I put in my name, and my Marriott number (member ID right?) and it keeps giving me an error to check it, that it's not right.

So do I use my Marriott number as my member ID, or the log in ID I set up with Marriott rewards?


You have to transfer in increments of 1000 UR points.

I still think it's a really dumb idea.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

jcarte29
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby jcarte29 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:37 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
jcarte29 wrote:So I now have a CSP and a Marriott Rewards, and I have attempted a couple times to transfer the points I have in my CSP (it's about 1,990 right now) over to my Marriott to give it a little boost. I put in my name, and my Marriott number (member ID right?) and it keeps giving me an error to check it, that it's not right.

So do I use my Marriott number as my member ID, or the log in ID I set up with Marriott rewards?


You have to transfer in increments of 1000 UR points.

I still think it's a really dumb idea.



But I have 1,900+ UR, so my question stays the same, why is it telling me I have the incorrect Marriott member number?
Portfolio:
CITI Diamond Preferred $7,000 [06-16]
AMEX Platinum (Charge) [11-16]
AMEX EDay $12,000 [11-14]
Lowes Store $15,000 [4-14]
CSP VISA $6,000 [7-14]
GM MC $9,000 [9-14]
AAdvantage Red MC $10,350 [10-14]
Discover IT $4,500 [03-15]
Chase Marriott VISA $5,000 [04-15]
Cap One Quick $2,600[4-10]

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Did you select "Self" for the relationship?

The member ID should be the 9-digit number from Marriott.

I just linked my Marriott account without any problem, so I don't think it's a Chase or Marriott-specific computer issue.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

jcarte29
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby jcarte29 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:50 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Did you select "Self" for the relationship?

The member ID should be the 9-digit number from Marriott.



Yup, and I used my nine digit number. still says to check my marriott number and try again. Do I have to be a Marriott member for at least a month maybe? (I only signed up the day before I applied for the card).
Portfolio:
CITI Diamond Preferred $7,000 [06-16]
AMEX Platinum (Charge) [11-16]
AMEX EDay $12,000 [11-14]
Lowes Store $15,000 [4-14]
CSP VISA $6,000 [7-14]
GM MC $9,000 [9-14]
AAdvantage Red MC $10,350 [10-14]
Discover IT $4,500 [03-15]
Chase Marriott VISA $5,000 [04-15]
Cap One Quick $2,600[4-10]

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:17 pm

jcarte29 wrote:
CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Did you select "Self" for the relationship?

The member ID should be the 9-digit number from Marriott.



Yup, and I used my nine digit number. still says to check my marriott number and try again. Do I have to be a Marriott member for at least a month maybe? (I only signed up the day before I applied for the card).


I'd call Marriott. I joined the Marriott program in February, and didn't bother linking it to Chase until now, so I don't know how long a delay there could be.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

takeshi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: US

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby takeshi » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:34 am

jcarte29 wrote:Yup, and I used my nine digit number. still says to check my marriott number and try again. Do I have to be a Marriott member for at least a month maybe? (I only signed up the day before I applied for the card).

Could be. Call Chase to confirm. I had no problems adding my number either.

jcarte29 wrote:But I have 1,900+ UR

1,990 is not an increment of 1,000.

1,000 or 2,000 would be.

jcarte29
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:29 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby jcarte29 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:44 am

takeshi wrote:
jcarte29 wrote:Yup, and I used my nine digit number. still says to check my marriott number and try again. Do I have to be a Marriott member for at least a month maybe? (I only signed up the day before I applied for the card).

Could be. Call Chase to confirm. I had no problems adding my number either.

jcarte29 wrote:But I have 1,900+ UR

1,990 is not an increment of 1,000.

1,000 or 2,000 would be.


The increment point total is/was a moot point since it wouldn't advance me far enough to put in a desired amount in the first place. I appreciate everyone's responses though, I'll call Chase but it's not a mission critical.
Portfolio:
CITI Diamond Preferred $7,000 [06-16]
AMEX Platinum (Charge) [11-16]
AMEX EDay $12,000 [11-14]
Lowes Store $15,000 [4-14]
CSP VISA $6,000 [7-14]
GM MC $9,000 [9-14]
AAdvantage Red MC $10,350 [10-14]
Discover IT $4,500 [03-15]
Chase Marriott VISA $5,000 [04-15]
Cap One Quick $2,600[4-10]

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: points transfer from CSP Ultimate Rewards to Partner Hotel

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 am

jcarte29 is right that it's not a matter of the 1000-point increments. You need to have Chase link the loyalty program before you can specify a number of points to transfer.

And once you have the link set up, specifying the number of points is easy. You can't actually even get "1990" into the number box.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when



Return to “Rewards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests