Which recent nerfing irritates you the most?

All about maximizing your rewards!
Members share tips and tricks for getting the most miles, & points.
17 posts
wiivile
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby wiivile » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 am

RewardHop wrote:WOW US Bank cant stop nerfing the Cash+. If they take away the Electronic Stores category, they are so beyond dead to me.


I know. Airfare, hotels, bill pay, restaurants. Replaced with **** like Gyms, Sporting Goods Stores, and Movie Theaters. Who spends $2,000 a quarter on these?
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
    Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
    U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $11,200 CL


luvbullmarkets
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 am
Location: TPC Stonebrae

Postby luvbullmarkets » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 pm

I had eyed the Cash+ Visa since last year. I am so glad of holding out and not applying for this card.
Amex EveryDay, Amex BCE , Barclaycard Arrival+ WEMC, CSP Visa Signature, Discover it, Wells Fargo Propel 365 Amex

"Attack this day with a level of enthusiasm unknown to mankind." - Jack Harbaugh

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 3744
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Did Cash+ always have two separate dining 5% categories (prior to the recently-announced nerfing)? Or was there once one 5% category for all dining?

I'd have wanted it even if dining took up all 5% functionality.
Wallet: Prestige CSP SchwabPlat Freedom It Hyatt SallieMae AAPlat
SD: Arrival BrooksBros BCE ED IHG
Letting new accounts cool off since May
Really not sure what I'll add next or when

wiivile
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby wiivile » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:14 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Did Cash+ always have two separate dining 5% categories (prior to the recently-announced nerfing)? Or was there once one 5% category for all dining?

I'd have wanted it even if dining took up all 5% functionality.


5% fast food category and 5% restaurants. They take up both of your 5% options but are worth it.

It's really lame that they eliminated restaurants even AFTER putting the $2,000 a quarter cap. You would have thought the $2,000 a quarter cap shielded the card from further nerfs because you could only get so much profit from it in a quarter.
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
    Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
    U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $11,200 CL

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:18 am

wiivile wrote:5% fast food category and 5% restaurants. They take up both of your 5% options but are worth it.

It's really lame that they eliminated restaurants even AFTER putting the $2,000 a quarter cap. You would have thought the $2,000 a quarter cap shielded the card from further nerfs because you could only get so much profit from it in a quarter.


They must have realized it's not hard to spend $2,000/Q at restaurants.
Image

wiivile
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: New York, NY

Postby wiivile » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 am

Nixon wrote:They must have realized it's not hard to spend $2,000/Q at restaurants.


It's also not hard to spend $1,500/Q on gas, restaurants, or Amazon.com/Dept. Stores, but the Freedom does just fine.

I think U.S. Bank is soon going to eliminate Electronics Stores and put in Shoe Shine stores as a category.
    Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
    Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
    U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $11,200 CL

Nixon
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Great Southwest

Postby Nixon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 am

wiivile wrote:It's also not hard to spend $1,500/Q on gas, restaurants, or Amazon.com/Dept. Stores, but the Freedom does just fine.

I think U.S. Bank is soon going to eliminate Electronics Stores and put in Shoe Shine stores as a category.


Now go home and get your shinebox. :D
Image



Return to “Rewards”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest