7055 wrote:Got a few questions:
1) First off, how can I view my credit score with the SallieMae Mastercard? I heard that you can somehow, maybe it is on your statements?
2) How do I setup a direct debit from my bank account 100% of my monthly bill so that I don't have to worry about missing a payment?
3) What happens if you are automatically qualified for a credit card and they send it out but you never activate it? Does it affect your credit score?
(1) Barclay's doesn't offer a free credit score with the Sallie Mae. They do with the Barclay Rewards and the Arrival, though.
(2) Once logged, go to the green box kind of near the center of the page which says "manage payments". On the next screen find "repeat payments and follow directions...
(3) By "automatic" I assume you mean preapproved. In that case, they won't send you out a card until you apply. If you apply for a card and chose not to use it, it usually doesn't adversely affect your credit, although the hard pull remains.
In my Wallet:
Sometimes in my Wallet:
- Amex PRG NPSL[3-14, bd 91]
- Sallie Mae MC $8000[1-14]
- Chase Freedom $4700[1-14]
- Discover It $2750[8-13]
- BoA UCF Alumni Cash Rewards $5000 [3-15]
- GM BuyPower WEMC $5000[9-14]
- Wells Fargo Propel 365 Amex $7000[4-14]
- Barclaycard Arrival WEMC $7000[3-14]
- BoA Better Balance $3000[2-15]
In my sockdrawer: Amex BCE $1000[10-13, bd 91], OCCU Duck $10000 [11-13], The Sportsman's Guide Visa $8000[8-14], Chase Slate $4000 [9-14]Delta Gold Amex $2000 [2-15 bd 91], Diners Club MC $20000 [10-14] Commerce Bank Visa $2000 [3-15] Citi Double Cash $1000 [3-15]
Total CL: $90450