Garden cult meeting April 2014

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
35 posts
User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Dr.Mark wrote:Got virtually all the cards I wanted in the last year. What I will be after in 2015 is the Marriott Card and the Hilton Card. For whatever concerns the rest, I'm ok. I have 20 inquiries on my Experian and a lot of new accounts. So, welcome to the garden...


My friend applied for the Hilton Honors Amex card last week- He was being indecisive for months. Kept saying he was going to get denied and all sorts of excuses-that his credit wasn't as good as mine. But I`m like "dude you`re not going to get denied". He ended up applying and was approved!

The Chase Marriott Premier is an awesome card!
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710
BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]
American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]
Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]
Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)
TCL-$19,800
Age-22


MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:27 pm

djrez4 wrote:Four? Dang. I have 18 on Experian alone.



FICO would ban you for terrorist criminal actions like that you know.

User avatar
Dr.Mark
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: London - UK

Postby Dr.Mark » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:40 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:My friend applied for the Hilton Honors Amex card last week- He was being indecisive for months. Kept saying he was going to get denied and all sorts of excuses-that his credit wasn't as good as mine. But I`m like "dude you`re not going to get denied". He ended up applying and was approved!

The Chase Marriott Premier is an awesome card!


I got denied for both of them! Damn it! And I'm pretty sure it's because of my shi**y Equifax report that's not reporting ANY of my actual cards and credit agreements!
[font=Times New Roman]American Express PRG[/font] [color=green][NPSL][/color]
[font=Times New Roman]British Airways American Express[/font] [color=green][9000£][/color]
[font=Times New Roman]American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday[/font] [color=green][6000£][/color]
[font=Times New Roman]Barclaycard Platinum[/font] [color=green][16600£][/color]
[font=Times New Roman]Virgin Balance Transfer[/font] [color=green][9600£][/color]

TCL - [color=red]41200£[/color]

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Dr.Mark wrote:I got denied for both of them! Damn it! And I'm pretty sure it's because of my shi**y Equifax report that's not reporting ANY of my actual cards and credit agreements!



Well even I ask my self, why haven't i gotten denied on some of the cards I already have? (compared to others here) - could be luck or something..

Age 21-AU 30k-oldest acc is 1y8m- CS 746- what gives hahaha
up to now only sears is the one that has denied me so ehh..

so you're able to get the MRP in the UK but not the CSP?
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

User avatar
Dr.Mark
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: London - UK

Postby Dr.Mark » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:01 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:Well even I ask my self, why haven't i gotten denied on some of the cards I already have? (compared to others here) - could be luck or something..

Age 21-AU 30k-oldest acc is 1y8m- CS 746- what gives hahaha
up to now only sears is the one that has denied me so ehh..

so you're able to get the MRP in the UK but not the CSP?


It's different. The Marriott card is not issued by Chase here in the UK (it doesn't even exist) but by Sygma Bank. That's why I can apply for it. And the Hilton card is issued by Barclaycard and as I already have one I was pretty confident that I would've been accepted. Wrong! They used Equifax this time! Only God knows why!
[font=Times New Roman]American Express PRG[/font] [color=green][NPSL][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]British Airways American Express[/font] [color=green][9000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday[/font] [color=green][6000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Barclaycard Platinum[/font] [color=green][16600£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Virgin Balance Transfer[/font] [color=green][9600£][/color]



TCL - [color=red]41200£[/color]

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:06 pm

Dr.Mark wrote:It's different. The Marriott card is not issued by Chase here in the UK (it doesn't even exist) but by Sygma Bank. That's why I can apply for it. And the Hilton card is issued by Barclaycard and as I already have one I was pretty confident that I would've been accepted. Wrong! They used Equifax this time! Only God knows why!


well you win some and loose some.. time to come to the US just for the card...
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

User avatar
Dr.Mark
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: London - UK

Postby Dr.Mark » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:21 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:well you win some and loose some.. time to come to the US just for the card...


Yeah, guess you're right buddy.
I'll try to move over there in 5 years tops.
[font=Times New Roman]American Express PRG[/font] [color=green][NPSL][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]British Airways American Express[/font] [color=green][9000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday[/font] [color=green][6000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Barclaycard Platinum[/font] [color=green][16600£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Virgin Balance Transfer[/font] [color=green][9600£][/color]



TCL - [color=red]41200£[/color]

TheLethargicAge
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm
Location: Miami, Cuba

Postby TheLethargicAge » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:07 pm

I got the Amazon Visa and transferred the limit from my CSP, which I then closed.
Blue Cash Preferred ($24K), Costco TrueEarnings ($8K), Better Balance Rewards ($6K), CashForward ($15K), Sallie Mae Rewards ($10K), Quicksilver ($17K), AARP Rewards ($15K), Freedom ($15K), Double Cash ($16.5K), It ($28.5K), Fidelity Investment Rewards ($18K), Cash+ ($11K)

User avatar
nismoZtuner
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1105
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: EARTH -CA

Postby nismoZtuner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Dr.Mark wrote:Yeah, gues you're right buddy.
I'll try to move over there in 5 years tops.


You need that CSP, I just left a Bubble Tea place and...

I walk in
I order what I want
I hand my CSP to the girl at the register
Girl looks at the card and the slides it
Girl then tells me "omg this card is different, I have never seen one like it"
I'm like "Yeah"
Girl tells me "how long have you had this card for?"
Me "some time now"
She looks at me all smiley and giggly
Then she tells me "it just feels different when i slide it not like thr other ones"
Im like "i bet it does"
She looks up at me and laughs..
TU 752 (+4) - [5/9/2014] CK 726 - [11/24/14] EX 725 - [11/20/14] EQ 710

BankofAmerica Cash Rewards [2k] I American Express Blue Cash Everyday [3K] l Discover IT[2.5]

American Express Premier Rewards Gold [NPSL] I Marriott Rewards Premier [5k]

Chase Sapphire Preferred[7.3]

Inquires: TU(?) EX(?) EQ(?)

TCL-$19,800

Age-22

User avatar
Dr.Mark
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: London - UK

Postby Dr.Mark » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:28 pm

nismoZtuner wrote:You need that CSP, I just left a Bubble Tea place and...

I walk in
I order what I want
I hand my CSP to the girl at the register
Girl looks at the card and the slides it
Girl then tells me "omg this card is different, I have never seen one like it"
I'm like "Yeah"
Girl tells me "how long have you had this card for?"
Me "some time now"
She looks at me all smiley and giggly
Then she tells me "it just feels different when i slide it not like thr other ones"
Im like "i bet it does"
She looks up at me and laughs..


Man, I hope my fiancé doesn't read this or she'll never let me apply for the CSP! Just kidding.


Well done, though. I hope it'll get you a lot more than that with this girl! ;)
[font=Times New Roman]American Express PRG[/font] [color=green][NPSL][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]British Airways American Express[/font] [color=green][9000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday[/font] [color=green][6000£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Barclaycard Platinum[/font] [color=green][16600£][/color]

[font=Times New Roman]Virgin Balance Transfer[/font] [color=green][9600£][/color]



TCL - [color=red]41200£[/color]



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests