freyj6 wrote:Is there any consensus about the annual fee increase?
Ideally I'd like to wait until next fall to apply because that's when the annual fee hits for 2 of my other cards that I may be dropping, so it would be a good time to pick it up. However, if the fee is likely going up to $149 for everyone, it would be worth doing it now.
For the record:
Fico = 725 according to the Arrival's monthly thing. Was 767 before I applied for the Freedom so that's strange.
I have about 20k total limit and utilization of <10%. Income is $45-50k.
Should I apply soon, or wait until fall? Also, can anyone confirm that the bonus for 2k spending is often given if you go into a branch?
Well, the only guarantee is to get it now. However, if you rather not and are willing to take some level of risk, this is the way I see it...
The fee won't change overnight without warning. It looks like Chase is working on the kinks on their website and the results look to be unstable. Rumors will increase and the rumbling will get a little louder before Chase makes a splash with product changes and/or fee increases. This will give you ample time to app for the CSP before the lower AF window is fully shut, as long as you stay in good shape to app for another card. Furthermore, historically, people have been found to find loopholes to get old app links to work in order to get specific offers, so all is not lost even after an announcement.
Of course, I could be wrong, so if you want it that badly, just get it sooner than later. My reasoning should be taken with a a spoonful of salt