My overall credit utilization is 10% (90% available).
Tonight, I went to www.creditcards.com/cardmatch
for soft pull to see best bets:
- Cap One Venture (annual fee)
- Cap One Venture (no annual fee)
- Cap One Platinum Prestige
- Cap One Quicksilver
+ 3 First Premier Bank cards I'd never get
Note: I gave my name and address, but did not give SSN.
- apply for AMEX Blue Cash Everyday first (hard pull)
- chat with Cap One to turn convert old cards > Venture or Quicksilver (do they back date, like AMEX?)
- chat with Chase for CLI (no hard pull)
- chat with Discover for CLI (no hard pull)
Midori wrote:Maybe others have found Citi to be generous, but I've found them rather suspicious and stingy. I got my plain-jane Citi ThankYou because I'd thought it would be an easy card to get with my banking history with Citibank, but I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up another Citi card. When I got mine, it took them two months to decide to give me a card with a $3k limit... since auto-CLI'ed to $4200. It was marginally better than what Cap One did for me. It was left in the dust by what Amex did for me.