However, as of late it has become apparent that I really should separate my personal and business finances. Occasionally, unexpected costs arise in association with my business which would not normally be a problem, if it weren't for the fact that publishing tends to pay quarterly. As such, I will sometimes have to wait a few months to pay off my credit cards. From what I understand though, balances aren't reported on business cards, so a business card would eliminate occasional high utilization on my personal cards nicely.
What I am looking for:
- Low interest is more important than rewards, seeing as how I sometimes need to carry a balance until the end of the quarter.
- I don't travel, so travel rewards aren't important.
- Rewards associated with Internet and utility bills are nice.
- Balance transfer offers are a plus.
- I need to qualify for the dang thing. My credit scores are around 705, I have 4 new accounts from last month, 4 inqs in the last 6 mos, 5inqs for the last year. Income is around 60k, 5k of which is from my business.
- Is the criteria for business cards any different from personal cards?
- Are they more, or less lenient when it comes to new accts/inquiries?
- Are some easier to get than others?
- What would be my best bet for a decent limit with a sane interest rate?
Fake Edit: Before anyone asks, I write terrible smutty ebook short stories marketed towards middle-aged women. They are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iTunes. They're not very good, but sell like hotcakes when I work to promote them. No, I won't disclose my pen-name, as I am pretty embarrassed by some of my titles.