Why not many people come to here

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
49 posts
MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Yeah there are lots of posts on those subjects those are what most people want to know though - what were your stats when you got approved (so I can compare myself and weigh my odds of approval) and how do you get a cli.

In the end, you can get an idea but as I've said before, you just never know how a given lender will like you until you offer them your business by applying. Some love you, some are ok with you and some hate you and wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire.

In my case Elan really seems to like me as does FNBO, Discover was kind of meh about me they would approve me but the cards never grew even with great use, and Citi has never approved me for a single card, despite me having Amex, Discover, US Bank, Chase, etc. They've declined every app usually with silly reasons. I gave up on them. But that's what I mean, different lenders will see you differently, some folks with scores 100 points lower than mine got twice my limit to start with Discover. And Citi approves others with high limits every day, where some can't get an Amex to save their lives, or a Discover. So it's hard to set a lot of really hard and fast rules in stone.


tanyasf
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: United States

Lol

Postby tanyasf » Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I've be banned on Creditboards and Myfico.com .Because of some thing call " Troll" never mind ,hahahhaha

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:39 pm

I worry about that all the time, personally. (Being banned for being a troll).

tanyasf
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: United States

Postby tanyasf » Fri May 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Both of them had banned me .I have no thing to worried about at all

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:48 pm

On FICO it doesn't take much at all to get you banned. Just make a post saying how you froze two of your reports before app'ing for a card to force the creditor to pull that CRA. That should do it if you're already on thin ice with them.

Personally I see nothing wrong with that - if they want me to unfreeze a given report, and I want the card, I'd do it. What if you have them all frozen anyway? But they can be fanatics about that kind of thing.

tanyasf
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: United States

Postby tanyasf » Fri May 17, 2013 11:05 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:On FICO it doesn't take much at all to get you banned. Just make a post saying how you froze two of your reports before app'ing for a card to force the creditor to pull that CRA. That should do it if you're already on thin ice with them.

Personally I see nothing wrong with that - if they want me to unfreeze a given report, and I want the card, I'd do it. What if you have them all frozen anyway? But they can be fanatics about that kind of thing.


you misunderstood .I mean they banned me on their fourms not allowed me to post and talk with other folks ,because i broke the rule ,I'm not talking about Credit freeze.but .WHo cares ?

MemberSince99
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: WI

Postby MemberSince99 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:46 am

I understand you - I'm banned on MyFICO forums too. I was accused of being a racist for pointing out the fact my Cap One CSR had an Indian accent. It was intended to make light of the encounter not to say I'm wearing a sheet, but that argument got lost on them and they banned me for then trying to explain I wasn't being racist. Oh well.

But they frown upon posts about freezing reports then applying over there so that's why I said that would be another way to get yourself banned. It's honestly not very hard to do.

cashback
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:11 pm
Location: NY

Postby cashback » Sat May 18, 2013 1:52 pm

tanyasf wrote:you misunderstood .I mean they banned me on their fourms not allowed me to post and talk with other folks ,because i broke the rule ,I'm not talking about Credit freeze.but .WHo cares ?


Now I can see why you were banned.
Credit Cards
Amex BCE 25K ---- PenFed Platinum Rewards 15.5K --- US Bank Cash+ 12K --- Discover IT 6K --- Citi Dividend 5K --- Chase Freedom 12.5K --- Amex SPG 6K --- Citi Thank You Preferred 15K

Not Used
Citi Simplicity - 5K, Sam's Club Discover - 10K

Future Cards
Sallie Mae World Mastercard

FICOs
Exp 772 - TU 781 - Equ 781

tanyasf
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: United States

Postby tanyasf » Sat May 18, 2013 3:59 pm

MemberSince99 wrote:I understand you - I'm banned on MyFICO forums too. I was accused of being a racist for pointing out the fact my Cap One CSR had an Indian accent. It was intended to make light of the encounter not to say I'm wearing a sheet, but that argument got lost on them and they banned me for then trying to explain I wasn't being racist. Oh well.

But they frown upon posts about freezing reports then applying over there so that's why I said that would be another way to get yourself banned. It's honestly not very hard to do.

Cheers .Never mind .We can go other fourm .dont be sad ,shake hands

tanyasf
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm
Location: United States

Postby tanyasf » Sat May 18, 2013 4:00 pm

cashback wrote:Now I can see why you were banned.

I can see why you are loser



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests