- Centurion Member
- Posts: 630
- Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:10 pm
- Location: North Los Angeles County
Right now I have cards with American Express, Bank of America, Chase, Citi, and Discover. (I'm going in a alphabetical order, so you will know soon who I think are the better companies.)
1.) American Express- They have been good to me so far, and any issues I have had (I bought my brother a pair of sunglasses a couple of months back and he somehow got a crack on the lens, and I explained to them what happened, and they got it taken care of.) However, I have applied for the BCE once before and I knew their new accounts department was located in India, didn't really want to talk as they I was sure they weren't really going to be able to help me. But they are a good company to do business with IMO.
2.) Bank Of America- Bank of America, I haven't really talked to their CS much. Never really had an issue with them until today. I just wanted to have the statement date changed because it is the day right after my payment due date (but I've already paid that, so no need to pay it again.) They said I couldn't change it, so whatever. Other then that, no issues really.
3. Chase- When I first got approved for my Freedom card a couple of weeks ago, the reps were nothing but pleasant to talk with and they answered my questions as best as they could. I also had a question with my statement and payment dates as It didn't come with my card nor did update, but they promptly replied within an hour, so I give them points for that...lol. So far so good with Chase.
4. Citi- They have been just average. I really don't have any questions for them either, but they always seem willing to help. They've been good in helping me adjusting my statement and payment dates, and they are used for anything I can get points on. Other then that, they are pretty much used card.
5. Discover- Their really stingy with their limits, as has been noted above. It drives me crazy since I've PIF every month and spent nearly 3k on it already, yet I doubt if they will ever give me a CLI. IMO, they have 2nd best CS, after Chase. Good company to be in with as well, and a very friendly and good group of CSR's
So based on these rankings, who is the best? This is a tough one to say, but right now, I would have to say it is a tie between Chase and Discover. Chase has given me my highest initial CL, and have an excellent CS team, while Discover, although stingy with CL's have very good CS as well. So I'm giving the slight edge to Chase....for now.
So that's just my current take based on the cards I have right now.
Bank Of America: BankAmeriCard Cash Rewards-4.2k
Citi: Forward-4.5k American Airlines Advantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard 9/6/15-4K
Amex BCE.2k- Amex SPG-5k
Chase: Freedom-5kSouthwest Rapid Rewards Plus- 3.6k
Capital one: Venture one-10,000, Visa Signature.