- Centurion Member
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm
- Location: San Diego
I would wait until your Freedom and Citi reaches 6 months and try a soft pull CLI for both, if you can't CLI with a soft pull I would choose Freedom to CLI with a hard pull and then depending on the outcome I would apply for another CC. Meanwhile I would make sure to PIF (pay in full) and not carry any balance on any card. Also if you know you're going to have a high balance (above 50%) on any card I would pay it down before the statement closing date so it won't show on your report the high balance.
As far as getting an AMEX it really depends on your spending profile (groceries, gas, travel and etc). I really like my BCP but it makes sense to me cus I offset the AF by a lot by spending a little over $6K/yr on 6% cashback category (groceries/gift cards). If you don't spend enough to offset then the BCE it's probably better as far as AMEX blue cards.
Current in my Wallet
Amex BCP - 25K (02/12)
Barclaycard Arrival WMC - 15K (10/13)
US Bank Cash +
Crap One Quicksilver - 1.7K (04/11)
CSP - 15K (03/13)
FICO EX 772 / TU 765 / EQ 762 - (09/14)