- Centurion Member
- Posts: 1589
- Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:37 pm
- Location: Down South
1. I rotate cards based on bill cycle dates so that I never report a balance. My everyday card for now is my Amex PRG. My new Citi Forward is going to compliment this now. I use my penfed platinum rewards alot also.
2. My big ticket card as of now is my AMEX PRG as well. But, this will depend on what I am buying. I will use whatever card gets me the best rewards related to my purchase. I could see my discover card being used for electronics purchases in the fourth quarter. My new citi card would be used if I want ot purchase on Amazon. Also, I could buy gift cards towards my purchase from Kroger and use them as well. This would net me a 6% discount. I like options!
3. I don't have an emergency card, per se. I don't carry balances on most of them, so any card could be an emergency card. I know I will never touch my Kroger 123 rewards card again though. It will collect dust forever.
4. Same as number 3, I suppose. I regret getting the 123 Cash rewards card from Bank of America this year. I won't use it anymore. What a waste of an inquiry. I seriously might close it.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape