Cool looking cards?

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
62 posts
Crashem
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Crashem » Thu May 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Someone in myfico said they got metal card yesterday. My understanding is that metal is for preferred only.

btw, why not go for sapphire preferred? They waive af first year and the bonus is better. You can always PC to regular sapphire before next year's AF hit. I remember hearing about people who did it. If I remember correctly, they even said the account number and info was the same so maybe he could continue to use his metal card. Never heard if it worked.
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k


MikeBones
Green Member
Green Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Scottsdale

Postby MikeBones » Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 pm

agp wrote:Hey guys, bad news from Chase...

"
The metal card was previously issued for Chase Sapphire
Preferred customers, but it was only on a test basis. As
of today, metal cards aren?t available for any of our
customer accounts. If you apply for a new a Chase
Sapphire Preferred card, you will receive a regular
plastic card and not a metal card.
"



Can you cite where you found this? I'm a holder of the metal Preferred card, and I don't want plastic if I need to replace the card for any reason!
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 7k CL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature - 5k CL
PenFed Plat Rewards - 1.25k CL
PenFed Cash - 1.25k CL

agp
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 pm
Location: US&A

Postby agp » Thu May 17, 2012 7:55 pm

Well I sent Chase a message via its online secure messaging and a CSR got back to me with that.

Main Card: Amex Platinum
For gas: Penfed Platinum Cash Rewards
For travel & dining: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Sun May 20, 2012 12:11 am

Crashem wrote:Just got my hands on a AMEX TrueEarnings card. I think that card looks pretty slick..Better than the Blue cards.


except for 1 thing how would you feel if your company relocated to an area and your new home is about 300 miles away from the closest costco, now costco has a 50.00 membership fee. you can use your blue cash card anywhere whether your a costco member or not.

but you can only have a aqua/costco card if your a member. so if you live in the boon docks and there's no costco, you can end up paying 50 bucks. American express would be very happy to do this for you. and not be near a costco but you still have to pay. you can always call American express up and they will help you cancel the card. with the blue cash cards you can keep them never a problem

Blue cards blow away costco all the time.

fantasy86dj
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:47 pm
ICQ: 387113
WLM: katoomba@live.co.uk
Yahoo Messenger: mettymeta242
Location: Australia

Postby fantasy86dj » Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 am

agp wrote:I like it. Is it only available in Australia?


Yep its an Aussie only card

Crashem
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Crashem » Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 am

Money card wrote:except for 1 thing how would you feel if your company relocated to an area and your new home is about 300 miles away from the closest costco, now costco has a 50.00 membership fee. you can use your blue cash card anywhere whether your a costco member or not.

but you can only have a aqua/costco card if your a member. so if you live in the boon docks and there's no costco, you can end up paying 50 bucks. American express would be very happy to do this for you. and not be near a costco but you still have to pay. you can always call American express up and they will help you cancel the card. with the blue cash cards you can keep them never a problem

Blue cards blow away costco all the time.


Blue cash is better. Although I eat out a lot so only Amex that does more than 1% on dining. What's your point since we are talking about how cards look and not relative merits
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Sun May 20, 2012 3:07 pm

my point is the Costco card is only for somebody who never has to worry about leaving an area. you're in the San Fran area.

fine for now, but if you had to move to Hastings, Minnesota and there's no costco out there, tell American Express that you want to cancel your costco membership but you want to keep the Costco card, let me know how this works out.

hematino
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: Atlantic City, NJ

Postby hematino » Sun May 20, 2012 11:47 pm

MikeBones wrote:Can you cite where you found this? I'm a holder of the metal Preferred card, and I don't want plastic if I need to replace the card for any reason!


I recently got the Preferred, it should come in the mail any day now. Metal would be cool, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If anything I'll post whatever material it is as soon as it arrives.
Now she's eyeless.
The snakes she held once
Eat up her hands.

Crashem
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Crashem » Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 am

hematino wrote:I recently got the Preferred, it should come in the mail any day now. Metal would be cool, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If anything I'll post whatever material it is as soon as it arrives.


Personally I think that was bad info. You'll get a metal hopefully.
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k

Crashem
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Crashem » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:03 am

Wife just got csp this week as well. Still metal.
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests