Cool looking cards?

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
62 posts
Moneytalks
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: United States

Postby Moneytalks » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:24 pm

agp wrote:Is the Zync worth it though? I'm somewhat against annual fees. Or any fees in general.


I am also against annual fees, except for Amex, they're the only company I'm willing to pay to have the card...I have the green, not the zync, but I am still 100% satisfied
Wallet: Amex BCE & Chase Freedom. (Credit Card dieting since 2014)


PopiLopi
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Postby PopiLopi » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Moneytalks wrote:I am also against annual fees, except for Amex, they're the only company I'm willing to pay to have the card...I have the green, not the zync, but I am still 100% satisfied


+1 the protections they give you are great, If you buy something and it's accidentally damaged or stolen during the first 30 days theygive you the money back... I'm very clumsy so that pays my $25 fee, and will pay the $175 for the gold when I get it.

What sucks about the Zync is that it can't be upgraded and that was the main reason I got it, to rack up points and then upgrade to Gold when I need to use them... So I'll have to apply for the PRG sometime in the future
Amex: Business Platinum (09/12) BCP $10,500 (03/13)
Visa: Capital One Journey $750 (04/11) Chase Freedom $1,800 (04/12)
MasterCard Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select $8,500 (05/13)
Discover: Discover It $2500 (07/11)
Store Cards: Amazon $3900 (12/11) Macy's $500 (04/11) Kohl's $500 (05/12) Victoria's Secret $750 (11/12)

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Crashem wrote:Palladium card: feels and looks expensive

Sapphire preferred: looks cool and metal. Regular sapphire is junk


I would have to say that you mean the basic sapphire.

Money card
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 pm
Location: New York state

Postby Money card » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Crashem wrote:No it is metal. I think at some point they went with metal. I have metal one. I think used there are plastic ones too.


how do you know? do you actually have the sapphire preferred?

ivotedale
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 am
Website: http://www.ivotedale.tumblr.com/
Location: Mesa, AZ

Postby ivotedale » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:13 am

All this metal talk reminds of the Centurion- isn't made of an intense material other than plastic?

I had an Amex conversation w/ a barista at Starbucks since my Zync caught his attention, and he mentioned he/or someone else ran a centurion card through the system, and made it go down haha.
Currently: American Express Blue Sky, American Express Zync, Chase Freedom Visa, Capital One Newcomers--->converted to Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard NO AF

Crashem
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:29 am
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Crashem » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 am

Money card wrote:how do you know? do you actually have the sapphire preferred?


Yes. I have metal one. Also just do search on sapphire preferred metal to get some images
Amex Centurion, Amex Platinum, Amex BCP 8k->24k (5/23/12), Amex TE 15k, Cap One 1.5% 15k->20k (8/7/13), CSP 25k, Chase Palladium 100k, Citibank AA 35k (AU), Firestone 1.8k->2.2k->2.4k (8/20/12), JFCU Jloc 30k, PenFed Plat Rewards 30k, SF Fire 30k, US Bank Cash+ 25k

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 am

ivotedale wrote:All this metal talk reminds of the Centurion- isn't made of an intense material other than plastic?

I had an Amex conversation w/ a barista at Starbucks since my Zync caught his attention, and he mentioned he/or someone else ran a centurion card through the system, and made it go down haha.


I have a titanium Centurion card and run it thru Starbucks all the time. Never crashed the system. Your friend may be kidding you. Heck, I put it in Chevron gas pump readers, Home Depot self serve check-outs, Safeway, and parking machines with no issues whatsoever.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!

andy1088
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:23 pm
Location: New Jersey, United States

Postby andy1088 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Chase Freedom looks cool. Capital One, Citi and Discover are all generic looking =/
My cards
Chase-Sapphire-$5,000 Freedom-$3,000, Amazon rewards-$700, Slate-$600
Citi- Diamond Preferred-$4,000, Thank you-$2,500
Discover IT-$2,500
Bank of America cash rewards-$2,000
Capital one newcomer rewards-$500

ivotedale
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:47 am
Website: http://www.ivotedale.tumblr.com/
Location: Mesa, AZ

Postby ivotedale » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

FastSRT8 wrote:I have a titanium Centurion card and run it thru Starbucks all the time. Never crashed the system. Your friend may be kidding you. Heck, I put it in Chevron gas pump readers, Home Depot self serve check-outs, Safeway, and parking machines with no issues whatsoever.


Could've been an internal error on Sbux's part, who knows. Otherwise if that did happen every time a black card was swiped you Centurion users would be out of luck!
Currently: American Express Blue Sky, American Express Zync, Chase Freedom Visa, Capital One Newcomers--->converted to Capital One Quicksilver Mastercard NO AF

User avatar
FastSRT8
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: Canada

Postby FastSRT8 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:24 pm

ivotedale wrote:Could've been an internal error on Sbux's part, who knows. Otherwise if that did happen every time a black card was swiped you Centurion users would be out of luck!


Maybe it's 'version 1' of the cards. All I know is so far (touch wood) I have not encountered a machine or otherwise that would not charge thru my card.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero!



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests