I'm not even close to being a credit/charge card guru as many of you guys. I read a lot, most of the time here, which means every single one of you have helped me to build a decent credit score... thanks!!!
I currently have:
- Express, CL $1,000 opened 2 years and 2 months years ago
- Capital One Platinum, CL $2,000 opened 1 year and 9 months ago
- Discover More, CL $2,600 opened 8 months ago
- AMEX Gold, opened 4 months ago... the most I've put on it in a month is $4,800 w/o a problem.
- Car loan to be completely paid next month!
- Equifax 685
- Experian 707
- TransUnion 688
- My income is about 40k a year plus bonus (2,000-4,000)
I really want to upgrade my credit cards to better ones, lets say: CapOne Platinum to Venture (the blue one) and Discover More to Escape since I love the idea of getting 2x points on every purchase. The reason I want to upgrade, instead of opening new accounts, is because I don't want to cancel them since it may affect my credit history.
Are there any possibilities for this to happen? any of those banks upgrading my cards/ transferring credit history? If not, with my scores and income, which CC do you recommend?
About AMEX Gold:
- They wont honor double points on airfare through JetBlue, anything I can do?
- They wont honor the 10,000 points for spending 1,000 in three month, anything I can do? Why? because I have the regular Gold card and not the preferred or something like, but I do remember seeing the offer everywhere.