I'm not sure if I'll be able to go through my local bank (which I've been a customer of years) because if they don't okay my dispute and refund my account, I will be switching banks.. Hopefully they will though.
This prompted me to look for a credit card. I've been researching for days, and just when I think I've found a good choice, something scares me off... a bad review, or customer services inability to give me a straight answer to my questions.. most of the sites that advertise cards appear to be sponsored by credit card companies. So, now I'm here seeking the advice of real people.
- First thing you should know is APR is not a major issue, I will pay in full every month.
- Secondly I'm a teacher.. sometimes teachers get discounts... but I have no idea if this applies to any credit cards.
- Thirdly - I want a card that reports to all 3 credit bureaus
- household bank secured mastercard
- capitol one secured mastercard
- first progress secured mastercard
- orchard bank secured
If someone out there has had a great experience with no credit or bad credit, credit card I'd to hear which are the best companies can be trusted.
Another question- using your credit card to spend more $$$ monthly increase your credit at a faster rate? For example, if I just used my credit card to make 30 $10 purchases in one month, will that increase my credit as fast as using that card to make 30 purchases $20 purchases in a month.. or 50 $40 dollar purchases?
Would getting 4 different credit cards (that all report to the 3 bureaus) and making a small number of purchases on each card increase my credit faster than using one card for all purchases?
Any help is appreciated.. especially help picking out the best card (a trustworthy company, with decent support) for someone with no established credit.
Thanks for your time and assistance!