Mogul of Pineapples
- Centurion Member
- Posts: 1271
- Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:32 pm
- Location: Smogland
Did you noticed it went from a $700 billion bailout to an $800 "rescue" plan over the course of a week? I thought this was for the credit crunch but apparently not.
I just read about all the extra earmarks the revised bill included:
- $100 million in tax breaks for car racetrack owners (why did we need this?!)
- $2 mil tax break for manufacturers of bows and arrows for kids (what logic is there in this that will help the economy?)
- $192 mil tax break on the rum industry in the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico (Sounds like they're encouraging us to drink our problems away!)
- $49 mil tax break for the fishing industry who sued over a Exxon tanker spill nearly 20 years ago (20 years ago!)
- $148 tax break for wool manufacturers
Maybe we should have passed the original instead. Now they've thrown in 100 billion in favors! What about favors for the citizens instead? That $100 billion could have done another round of stimulus checks.
Disclosure: I am a moderator/paid staff of this site, which does have advertising relationships with some credit cards that are discussed and linked to. Regardless, anything I say is my honest opinion.
Current Cards: American Express:
Blue Cash, Simply Cash Bank of America:
WorldPoints Platinum Plus Chase:
Amazon, British Airways, Cash Plus Rewards, Freedom, Ink Cash Citi:
Thank You Premier, Dividend Platinum Select Discover:
MorePrimary Everyday Card: American Express Blue CashPrimary Travel Card: Chase Sapphire Preferred