I am a 27 year old working as engineer. I have total 5 credit cards with me. Of which 4 are with Chase, Amex, BoA & Citi while 5th is Best Buy Card. I have total credit line of around 70k. I am looking to use balance transfer offers from BoA and Chase but before that I want to apply a new card for some personal reasons. Facts:
Cards I have:
- Credit Score: Experian 730, Equifax 802, TU 797.
- Low score on Experian is due to a Collection Account, which will be deleted in next few months, but cant wait for that as I need the money now.
- Annual income would be <70k
- I have bank account with BoA, Citi & Chase. (BoA & Chase have some balance but Citi has extremely low balance)
- I am looking for HIGH Credit Line Card ( like up to $20k)
BoA World Rewards (20k)
Amex: Blue Cash (25k)
Chase Slate (9k)
Citi Platinum Select (16k)Questions:
- Which card should I apply, which can offer me HIGHEST credit line (like 20k)? I would prefer low interest cards which can also offer balance transfer offers for future use.
- Which type of card have high limit? Platinum/Signature etc?
- Would applying your second card at Chase, BoA, Citi, Amex would give you lower credit line?
- Which of these 3 banks give high limits - BoA, Citi, Chase?
- Does it matters how much money you have in bank in order to get high credit line card?
- I also have account at a credit union. Does CU offer cards with high credit line? It is like 9 year old account but I have never maintained a good balance in there except initial years.
- Some of the cards which can be option but not sure...
BoA Cash Rewards
Citi Diamond Preferred
I am planning to increase credit line for BoA/Amex at the same time I apply for new card. Its been long time since I have asked them to increase credit line. Citi declined to increase like 6 months ago. Chase also says no to increase it further.