August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

For just about anything you want to get off your chest about credit cards.
16 posts
Tubpbs
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby Tubpbs » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:57 pm

swipe_masta wrote:My sock drawer is for socks, so I closed Discover (don't really miss it), Commence (tried four times to PC, but no-go and Barclay isn't offering anything interesting for me), and PenFed Plat (which was a joke in itself).

Couldn't PC my PenFed Plat so opened the Power Cash for 2% back since I already have a checking acct with them and transferred my CL. Interestingly enough, the whole limit was transferred unlike other banks where you have to keep at least $500 on the card even to close it.

Looking forward to BofA's new travel card, mainly to reap the seemingly simple promo and close it. From what I've read though, it sounds like an interesting card, albeit a CSP copy.

Wondering how long my Better Balance card will last before BofA changes it. It'll be like Sallie Mae all over again!

Lastly, FNBO's Travelite has become my Zync. I'm still chasing that unicorn.


What's the new BoA card?
Amex - BCP, Platinum, Business Gold
BoA - BankAmericard Cash Rewards
Chase - Freedom, CSP, RC, Ink Plus
Citi - DC, Prestige
Discover - It


User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:26 pm

Tubpbs wrote:
swipe_masta wrote:My sock drawer is for socks, so I closed Discover (don't really miss it), Commence (tried four times to PC, but no-go and Barclay isn't offering anything interesting for me), and PenFed Plat (which was a joke in itself).

Couldn't PC my PenFed Plat so opened the Power Cash for 2% back since I already have a checking acct with them and transferred my CL. Interestingly enough, the whole limit was transferred unlike other banks where you have to keep at least $500 on the card even to close it.

Looking forward to BofA's new travel card, mainly to reap the seemingly simple promo and close it. From what I've read though, it sounds like an interesting card, albeit a CSP copy.

Wondering how long my Better Balance card will last before BofA changes it. It'll be like Sallie Mae all over again!

Lastly, FNBO's Travelite has become my Zync. I'm still chasing that unicorn.


What's the new BoA card?

An enhanced Travel Rewards card.

My understanding of it (and I'm not sure what's just rumored vs. confirmed):

$95 AF
$100 airfare extras credit
$500 bonus for $3k spend
2% travel and dining (up to 3.5% with $100k BofA assets)
1.5% other (up to 2.625% with $100k BofA assets)

I'm mostly interested in knowing whether it will have decent travel insurance.
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

swipe_masta
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby swipe_masta » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:18 am

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:
Tubpbs wrote:
swipe_masta wrote:My sock drawer is for socks, so I closed Discover (don't really miss it), Commence (tried four times to PC, but no-go and Barclay isn't offering anything interesting for me), and PenFed Plat (which was a joke in itself).

Couldn't PC my PenFed Plat so opened the Power Cash for 2% back since I already have a checking acct with them and transferred my CL. Interestingly enough, the whole limit was transferred unlike other banks where you have to keep at least $500 on the card even to close it.

Looking forward to BofA's new travel card, mainly to reap the seemingly simple promo and close it. From what I've read though, it sounds like an interesting card, albeit a CSP copy.

Wondering how long my Better Balance card will last before BofA changes it. It'll be like Sallie Mae all over again!

Lastly, FNBO's Travelite has become my Zync. I'm still chasing that unicorn.


What's the new BoA card?

An enhanced Travel Rewards card.

My understanding of it (and I'm not sure what's just rumored vs. confirmed):

$95 AF
$100 airfare extras credit
$500 bonus for $3k spend
2% travel and dining (up to 3.5% with $100k BofA assets)
1.5% other (up to 2.625% with $100k BofA assets)

I'm mostly interested in knowing whether it will have decent travel insurance.


https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-ame ... lable-yet/
He's pretty reliable. Never steered me wrong lol.

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:18 am

Aviator Red is at 60k for paying the $95 AF and making one purchase.
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card

swipe_masta
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby swipe_masta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:56 pm

CarefulBuilder14 wrote:Aviator Red is at 60k for paying the $95 AF and making one purchase.


Saw that and it's super tempting... Gotta way the pros and cons of my situation before I jump though.

User avatar
CarefulBuilder14
Centurion Member
Centurion Member
 
Posts: 4444
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Location: United States

Re: August 2017 Garden/App Planning Club

Postby CarefulBuilder14 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:07 pm

There are also targeted offers for cash back on existing Ring cards and various links for extra cash back on existing Chase Amazon cards (not sure if it's for the regular, Prime, or both).
Warranties and sketchy merchants: Schwab Platinum
Price rewind: Costco
Travel insurance: Prestige, CSP
Perks: IHG, Hyatt
Rewards/Offers: Discover, Freedom, ED, BCE
Taxes/Misc: SPG

Limited value, might close: Arrival

Might add: First Tech, proper business card



Return to “General Credit Card Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests