So I basically am about to pick up my first credit card at the young age of
I have always used my bank cards or checks to pay for everything.
At the moment I own a $300K house I am paying a mortgage on and have a nice car. I have 0 debt other than car payments and mortgage and a good credit score.
Basically I have seen so many cards and its making my head spin.
I basically want a credit card that is going to offer the most cashback on purchases and also give me a access to a good member program where I can order stuff through there portal stores with cashback.
The main things I use to purchase on a yearly basis are the following
1. Electronics - Buy from Amazon.com, Newegg.com
2. Groceries - I generally buy things at Giant and Walmart
3. Clothing - I like to shop! I usually goto Lord and Taylor or Macys
4. GAS GAS GAS
5. I eat out at restaurants a lot for lunch and dinner year round.
6. Travel - I like to go skiing and also will be flying 2-3 times in a given year.
For my first credit card what would be best at the moment? I have seen Discover More and Sapphire and Freedom. 5% looks great but would that help me on the other purchases at Amazon or Best buy?
Lastly can I put my Phone, Cable and Utility Bill on my Card and Earn points that way as well and just pay the balance at the end of the month?